News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Okay, so it's your opinion that they are not important and have no influence. That is all I needed to know.

I was not asking you about how Judaism has changed.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Johan on July 20, 2014, 03:21:58 PM
'The fuck? Are you high?
If you can find any Catholic country that practices the burning of heretics, outlawing other religions, exiling Jews or forcing Jews into ghettos, or declare a crusade against instead infidels,  or if you can find any Inquisition or Inquisitor courts, your point might hold some water.

the Catholic Church is working overtime to correct the sexual abuse scandals, and end Religious bigotry by becoming more and more  ecumenical.

I would encourage you to be more educated on this matter before you accuse me of being an ignorant intoxicated imbecile.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 12:23:12 PM
are you always faithful to your moral code?
Yes, because my moral code consists of general guidelines rather than strict dos and do nots.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 03:56:27 PM
If you can find any Catholic country that practices the burning of heretics, outlawing other religions, exiling Jews or forcing Jews into ghettos, or declare a crusade against instead infidels,  or if you can find any Inquisition or Inquisitor courts, your point might hold some water.

the Catholic Church is working overtime to correct the sexual abuse scandals, and end Religious bigotry by becoming more and more  ecumenical.

I would encourage you to be more educated on this matter before you accuse me of being an ignorant intoxicated imbecile.

http://www.theglobalmail.org/feature/its-2013-and-theyre-burning-witches/558/

New Guinea. Which is predominantly Christian. Catholics at 27% are the highest number of Christians. Witch burning is based on ignorance and fears based on ancient beliefs. there is nothing saying that the Catholic church in New Guines is combatting it.

witch burning is done by religious people. Atheists don't burn witches. The fact that any sect or denomination of Christianity can justify such practices is evidence of how backward it is.

Witches have been hunted and tortured in Africa by Assemblies of God factions and others. The fact that it isn't Catholic per se also doesn't indicate that any group of Catholics spoke out specifically against it.

The Pope didn't even consider advocating condom usage to stop AIDS until 2010
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2012/12/the-catholic-church-condoms-and-hiv-aids-in-africa/

So yes, the stand of the church against condoms was a factor in the spread of AIDS. And that comes from the Pope, the head guy. Your opinion means nothing in that instance. So much for the vicar of Christ being the mouthpiece of god.

I would encourage you on being more educated on the matter before you start declaring how benign your religion is.

Green Bottle

Fact is, ur nic implies that you are on a crusade to save or indoctrinate the rest of us, dont fuckin bother cos we know what the catholic church is all about, abuse and cover ups, so dont come in here preaching to us with all ur bullshite because i for one aint interested in anything you got to say.
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

PickelledEggs

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 12:23:12 PM
are you always faithful to your moral code?

Ooooh! Ooooh! I'll answer this one too!

Yes. I am ALWAYS faithful to my moral code. Because its MY moral code tailored to me by myself.

In 25 years I never hurt anyone and only wrestled one person to the ground. And that one time that happened was because I was in danger.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 01:19:56 PM
Jews no longer have the priesthood, the victim, or the sacrifices.  They also no longer stone adulterers.  They do not have the same priest hood and those are just a few of the differences.

Catholicism resembles ancient Judaism more than any other Religion today.
So you make blood sacrifices, stone adulterers, and do all that old testiment stuff? Cool.

Oh wait. You don't. You can't even burn the odd witch at the stake anymore, can you?

The Catholic Church has a 2000 year unbreakable chain of Popes dating back to the 1st century,
Yawn. The Japanese monarchy has an unbreaking chain of emperors dating back to the 6th century... BC.

Remember, the Japanese emperor was revered as a god right up through WWII.

How influential is the queen of England or any surviving monarch today?  Tiny compared to the Pope.
I don't know. Emperor Hirohito of Japan controlled half of the Pacific as recently as 1942. That was a pretty good Showa-ing, and in living memory.

The media and the world listen to the Pope even if they don't agree with him.
As they would Adolf Hitler.

Time magazine voted Pope Francis the man of the year for instance.
So was Adolf Hitler (1938), Joseph Stalin (1939, 1942), Nikita Krushchev (1957), and Ayatullah Khomeini (1979). You don't make the list necessarily because you done good.

But you admit it did happen. Also, it stopped, not because you did it on your own, but secular governments forced you to cut that shit out.

So long as the Church keeps sheltering pedo-priests from the police and continue to flaunt their opulant wealth in their ceremonies, this will be a lie.

So long as you continue to spew your bullshit, this will continue.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

stromboli

Oh and don't leave out Mother Teresa

http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/09/27/mother-teresa-was-a-crook-and-a-fraud/
QuoteMother Teresa is famed for being one of history’s true altruists. She devoted her life to the poor, opening her first Missionaries of Charity home in 1950s Calcutta, and going on to open hundreds more across the world. As word of her mission spread, it caught the public imagination and millions of dollars began to pour in, all of which went to help those who needed it most. At least, that’s the official version.

The reality is far grimmer. According to those who’ve volunteered there, Mother Teresa’s missions are squalid cesspits run along violent, authoritarian lines. There are reports of unruly children being tied to beds and beaten, of outdated equipment not being replaced, and of needles being reused in countries with high HIV infection rates (such as Haiti) until they were so blunt they caused pain. All of this wrapped up in a culture of unquestioning obedience, secrecy, and control that is said to resemble a cult.

This might all be okay if the Missionaries were doing some good, but they’re not. In 1991, German magazine Stern revealed that only 7 percent of donations to the organization were used for charity. The rest was funneled into secret bank accounts or used to build more missions. There are reports that missions won’t even buy bread to feed their inmates, preferring instead to rely only on donated food.

And where does all this money come from? Well, some of it comes from regular, kind-hearted folk giving what they can. A heck of a lot more came from some of the most evil men who ever lived. Mother Teresa herself personally took large donations from the psychopathic Haitian dictator “Baby Doc,” publicly defending his blood-soaked rule in return. In the 1990s, fraudster Charles Keating donated $1.25 million of stolen money to the Missionaries. When asked to return the fraudulent money, Mother Teresa simply stayed silent.

Or make that Saint Teresa. My bad.

Johan

If you don't like being called an imbecile stop acting like one.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Napolean B

In 1796 I commanded my Republican troops to invade Italy and defeat the papal troops.

I am NOT a religious man but I see the importance of religion as a means to increase obedience and control over my Empire.  Catholicism Is the official religion of my Empire. If the majority of the people in my Empire were Jews , I would rebuild the Temple of Solomon.
Religion prevents the poor from killing the Rich-Napoleon

Shiranu

Because this has just come to mind, I actually have a question for you...

...how does the RCC, which is mildly sexually puritan and repressive in thought (though to be fair, less so than certain other sects) deal with the themes presented in the Song of Solomon? Is poetry erotica in the Bible not considered at all out of place or do they adopt the view that it is all allegory?

And assuming it is allegory (as many churches I know do)... does the church not find the thought of describing Christ/God's love for the Church/His People in such bluntly, though beautiful, sexual themes a bit... interesting... for a God that was so restrictive on sex for anything other than reproduction or business?

How do you reconcile a book of the bible going all into the details of sex (or more accurately, erotic love) and yet at the same time the RCC is all about trying to keep people from having premarital sex? It's like saying, "Here is the greatest thing in the world... I want you to never enjoy it until we give you the command!"... to me that just seems cruel and quite improbable to work.

Didn't mean to make this so long, but I kept on adding thoughts as I was writing.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Bible reading in the Catholic Church is left to the priests.

AllPurposeAtheist

Yadda yadda yadda.. Fuck, church was boring enough at 6. Did the pope send you on a special mission to finish me off with boredom? :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 20, 2014, 07:22:41 PM
So you make blood sacrifices, stone adulterers, and do all that old testiment stuff? Cool.

Oh wait. You don't. You can't even burn the odd witch at the stake anymore, can you?
Yawn. The Japanese monarchy has an unbreaking chain of emperors dating back to the 6th century... BC.

Remember, the Japanese emperor was revered as a god right up through WWII.
I don't know. Emperor Hirohito of Japan controlled half of the Pacific as recently as 1942. That was a pretty good Showa-ing, and in living memory.
As they would Adolf Hitler.
So was Adolf Hitler (1938), Joseph Stalin (1939, 1942), Nikita Krushchev (1957), and Ayatullah Khomeini (1979). You don't make the list necessarily because you done good.
But you admit it did happen. Also, it stopped, not because you did it on your own, but secular governments forced you to cut that shit out.
So long as the Church keeps sheltering pedo-priests from the police and continue to flaunt their opulant wealth in their ceremonies, this will be a lie.
So long as you continue to spew your bullshit, this will continue.
The Pope is probably the most influential leader in the world.  Not only is he considered the shepherd of over a billion people but even those who  are not Catholic listen to him when he admonishes the evil in our world.  I can't tell you how often I go to open my yahoo account, and Yahoo is not a Catholic website, and how often there is a quote from the Pope there.

PickelledEggs

CC, do you believe in exorcisms?

Sent from your mom