News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 20, 2014, 10:29:46 AM
“If I was in a club, and I found out that there had been generations of people abusing children, and then that club was covering that up, I would quit the club. And I wouldn’t give them any more money.”

~ Tom Petty

Not really a question, but it does hang a question mark on why you are still part of a corrupt organization that does not have your best interests at heart despite declarations by its leadership to the contrary.

http://www.financemanila.advfn.com/2013/02/how-much-is-the-vatican-worth/

The Vatican is sitting on billions of dollars worth its weight in gold. Most the the vatican itself is decked out in gold, and said to have millions worth its weight in it, thats not accounting for the vast amount of gold ingots is has stored in the US federal reserve.

You know how in catholic churches they ask people to give their money at the end of prayer to help support the church?

Just type in the vatican's gold in google and look at images.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mermaid

Quotereasons why Protestants aree converting to Catholicism in large numbers and why the Catholic Church is biblical and the most biblically accurate Christian faith.
I think this, here, is at the very core of my problem with religion. You are right and everyone else is wrong.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

leo

The Catholic Church is  dying slowly . Sometime in the future people will study the catholic religion in the mythology classes. The Catholic Church will fall because is based in a lie. Eventually things based in lies will die and  nothing lasts forever. The Catholic Church in a few centuries tops will be replaced by another religion. Sadly I don't see religion ceasing  to exists in the immediate future.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

CatholicCrusader

"The Jews would like a word with you."

Judaismm has not survived.  Judaism today is not even close to the religion in the Old Testament.  Modern Judaism is a tiny religion that has little influence what so ever.

the_antithesis

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 11:49:17 AM
Judaism has not survived.  Judaism today is not even close to the religion in the Old Testament.  Modern Judaism is a tiny religion that has little influence what so ever.

And catholicism does?

Most catholics I know drink and smoke and do drug and fuck outside of marriage, but then get incredibly pious on Sundays, like the fucking hypocrites they are.

Hydra009

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 03:57:27 AMHinduism has no government, has no head, has little structure,  no governing hierarchy, no dogmatic or provincial councils, and is not an institution.
Another miracle! :dance:

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 20, 2014, 11:51:48 AM
And catholicism does?

Most catholics I know drink and smoke and do drug and fuck outside of marriage, but then get incredibly pious on Sundays, like the fucking hypocrites they are.
The Catholic Church mature s and grows as society does and she learns from her mistakes.  Although the church doesn't look like she did in the first second and third century, she is the same church.   You do not look anything like you did when you are a baby, but you are still the same person.

As I said human beings are fallen and naturally inclined to sin.  Every Catholic has the free will and choice to do exactly what the church condemns.  Every priest Bishop and nun and monk is inclined to commit a sin and tempted on a daily basis.

There was a scandal in The church when Jesus was with it.  Peter denied him 3 times and was a liar and at one point Jesus even referred to him as Satan, Judas was a traitor and a suicide, all of the apostles who had seen the mighty works of Christ fled like cowards when it was time for him to be executed. all but one that is.

The teachings of the Church are not to be blamed for bad behavior of Catholics but it's simply Catholics choosing to remain unfaithful to their duties that is the cause of every Church scandal.

the_antithesis

Catholicism is as catholics do.

If catholics don't follow their own teachings, then their teachings are worthless.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 20, 2014, 12:19:45 PM
Catholicism is as catholics do.

If catholics don't follow their own teachings, then their teachings are worthless.
are you always faithful to your moral code?

the_antithesis

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 12:23:12 PM
are you always faithful to your moral code?

I never burned anyone to death because of my moral code.

Catholicism doesn't have a moral code anyway. It's a money making scheme. It used to also be a means for political power, but they've had their balls cut off these days.

That's all it is. The clergy says "make us rich and powerful" and the stupid sheep obey. That's not morality. It's gullibility.

Mermaid

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 11:49:17 AM
"The Jews would like a word with you."

Judaismm has not survived.  Judaism today is not even close to the religion in the Old Testament.  Modern Judaism is a tiny religion that has little influence what so ever.
Say what? What are you basing this assertion on?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

I'm sorry CatholicCrusader, but what your trying to teach will not wash with anyone here. You seem a decent enough guy, but sadly hampered by a belief system that has a bad history, and even today would have to follow it for the wrong reasons, all while taking from its followers.

I hope one day you find it in yourself to look at the world in a broader sense, there are some amazing things in the world that are not held back because of religion, so I just hope to find that.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

CatholicCrusader

Jews no longer have the priesthood, the victim, or the sacrifices.  They also no longer stone adulterers.  They do not have the same priest hood and those are just a few of the differences.

Catholicism resembles ancient Judaism more than any other Religion today. 

The Catholic Church has a 2000 year unbreakable chain of Popes dating back to the 1st century, the second Pope being St Linus, Bishop of Rome in 67 AD.   The World Book Encyclopedia lists all of the Popes in this unbreakable chain and the world of encyclopedia is not a Catholic book.  See for yourself.

Nothing compares to the durability of of the church and the papacy which has never nor will ever be broken or vanish.  Two thousand years later and the Pope is one of the most influential leaders and probably the most in the world.  How influential is the queen of England or any surviving monarch today?  Tiny compared to the Pope.  The media and the world listen to the Pope even if they don't agree with him.

Time magazine voted Pope Francis the man of the year for instance.

Shol'va

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 20, 2014, 12:17:47 PM
The Catholic Church mature s and grows as society does and she learns from her mistakes.
Please correct me if I made a blunder with my post and shown ignorance.
My understanding is that the Catholic church is still not OK with abortion and contraceptives. On the first page of this thread you also said you think contraceptives are a good idea.
If I am correct, then:
a) your claim that the Catholic Church is growing as society does is false
b) I'm not sure how you are a Catholic if you hold counter views to some pretty strongly held views by your own denomination

And I think your statement about the Church growing as society actually means it grows with society, and is a serious indictment.

CatholicCrusader

The  Chrch grows and responds as contemporary issues arise.  One of these examples is how the church did away with  the latin trindentine masses because Latin became a dead language.

There is not one modern Catholic country in the world that has outlawed religions that are not Catholic or burned heretics to the steak.  I also believe in separation of church and state and much of the Inquisition s were political because sovereignties had a duty to punish heresy which was considered a terrible crime and anarchy.  There will never be another crusade ever.

The Catholic Church will not approve of contraceptives and abortion, because both are condemned by the Bible and the church fathers and every Pope and saint that commented on the issue.  In order for the Catholic Church and the Catholic religion to survive there cannot be any compromising on what the church has always  taught on faith, morals, and theology, but there's nothing that says these sins are any greater than  sins of pride, harsh judgement s on others, unforgivenes, and hatred.

The Pope has commanded Catholics should not be focused so much on the issues of abortion and gay marriage.

Also, you are right I am NOT a good Catholic. I never came here to convince anybody that I'm a good Catholic.   It's just that my primary interest and fascination is with church history, church government, canon law, Catholic apologetics, Catholic culture, and Catholic tradition.

I like to talk about it but I am sick of of Christian forums. They are gross.  I did however hope that there were more theists and Protestants here at this forum that I could debate with.