News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peace be with you!

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CatholicCrusader

Peace and goodwill brothers and sisters!

In the kindest possible way I was just hoping I could come here and explain the Catholic Church's stance on things and what and why the Church teaches such and such.  There is a huge misconception about Catholicism.  one of those misconceptions for instance is that Catholics are allowed to commit idolatry by worshiping angels and saints and statues and the church permits sorcery and allows a culture paganism and occult practices and necromancy

That is false along with many other fundamentalist attacks.  I simply want to state what the Church teaches and why and a little on church history perhaps.  I'm not here to say I'm right or you are wrong or I have the truth and you don't.

Have a blessed day!

Your brother in Christ,
Joseph

DunkleSeele

I'm a former Catholic, borne and raised in the most Catholic country in the world.

I don't give a flying French coitus about certain details. The Catholic church is one of, if not the most corrupted and disgusting organisations in the world. Its history and present of oppression, violence and bigotry in the name of a fictional, disgusting monster you believers call god is revolting.

No, I for one don't want to hear or read such drivel.

Oh, and I'm NOT your "Brother in Crust".

Poison Tree

Why didn't god warn the pope about all the sexual abuse by priests?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

CatholicCrusader

Not sure. I'm also not sure why God didn't warn King David to not commit adultery and murder of his right hand man which caused him and his whole family and his whole kingdom to suffer greatly.

The human race is corrupt and that would apply to every priest and bishop and nun as well.

are you from Poland or the Philippines staff member?

DunkleSeele

"Staff member" has a name (hint: it's above the "staff" icon, just like yours is above the "primordial ooze" one).

No, I'm from the country from which a piece of land was stolen and given to your corrupt figureheads to create that banana state the flag of which you so proudly display.

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh yeah, the catholic church is wonderful until you actually need them for anything.. Check that. They're not wonderful at all.
My grandmother gave thousands of dollars to that bunch of theives till she needed their help for the first time in her life then suddenly they couldn't afford to help her with anything in her old age.

That same church demanded my parents sleep in separate beds and live as brother and sister when my mom had a miscarriage. Mom threw the priest out of our house and told him don't come back.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Brother, there is not a single thing you can tell us that four or twenty of us don't already know, have discussed in depth and/or have lived through. 95% of us were former religious sheep of various cloths.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Moralnihilist

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PM

In the kindest possible way I was just hoping I could come here and explain the Catholic Church's stance on things and what and why the Church teaches such and such.  There is a huge misconception about Catholicism.  one of those misconceptions for instance is that Catholics are allowed to commit idolatry by worshiping angels and saints and statues and the church permits sorcery and allows a culture paganism and occult practices and necromancy

That is false along with many other fundamentalist attacks.  I simply want to state what the Church teaches and why and a little on church history perhaps.  I'm not here to say I'm right or you are wrong or I have the truth and you don't.

Have a blessed day!

Your brother in Christ,
Joseph

1. Im not now nor will I ever be your brother.
2. What makes you think that I, or anyone else here, am interested in anything to do with the catholic church?
3. What makes you thing that you know anything more than any member on this forum about all things catholic?
4a. If you intend to "teach" history, do keep in mind that there are members on this forum who possess PhD's(me) in history and are of no need of your "education".
4b. If you intend to try to pass off some bullshit as historical fact, expect to have your bullshit called by none other than me(the guy with the PhD).
5. Again I am not your brother, and to date christ has yet to be shown to have actually existed.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PM
Fuck off.

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PMIn the kindest possible way I was just hoping I could come here and explain the Catholic Church's stance on things and what and why the Church teaches such and such.
I don't give a damn about your teachings. Prove that your god exists.

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PMThere is a huge misconception about Catholicism.
The fact that it is one of a large number of belief systems that is completely full of shit is hardly a misconception.

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PMThat is false along with many other fundamentalist attacks.
I don't give one singular shit about your disagreements with other Christians. You are all equally without evidencial support.

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PMI'm not here to say I'm right or you are wrong or I have the truth and you don't.
Yes you are.

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PMHave a blessed day!
Fuck off.

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 04:42:08 PMYour brother in Christ,
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

CatholicCrusader

sorry but the majority of people I talk to have misconceptions about what the Church teaches.  or maybe somebody here can learn something.

I'm not trying to prove that I'm right and you're wrong.  I hope I clarified that.  I will only start one thread  that has anything to do with the Catholic Church after this one and it's going to be called "ask a Catholic " for those who have any questions.

by the way,Italy Is not the most Catholic country in the world, a small minority of the population  goes to Mass on Sundays.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on July 19, 2014, 05:28:21 PM
Fuck off.
I don't give a damn about your teachings. Prove that your god exists.
The fact that it is one of a large number of belief systems that is completely full of shit is hardly a misconception.
I don't give one singular shit about your disagreements with other Christians. You are all equally without evidencial support.
Yes you are.
Fuck off.

I didn't come here to sling insults at people or have an insult contest.  Are you trolling?

DunkleSeele

Italy is where the heads of the Catholic mafia reside.
Italy is the country where on Saturday and Sunday several religious programs (including the so-called "Angelus" officiated by the pope himself) are broadcasted on national TV at the expense of ALL taxpayers.
Italy is the country where, when a pope dies, all national TV channels cancel all their programs and start broadcasting only programs about the deceased criminal and all the rituals going on in the Vatican to elect the new mafia boss.

You clearly don't know anything about Italy.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 19, 2014, 05:35:27 PM
I didn't come here to sling insults at people or have an insult contest.  Are you trolling?
Coming here to "teach" us about the cathothug doctrine IS an insult.

CatholicCrusader

I was speaking of practicing Catholics meaning those who are faithful to daily Mass and holy days of obligation and faithful to and believe in the teachings of the Church Magisterium. They make up a small minority of Italians. And the Vatican state is a separate country.   It is not Italy.

there are Catholic countries out there where the Catholic population , practicing Catholics that is , are such a strong presence that abortion cannot even be legalized in the country. Italy is not one of those countries.

CatholicCrusader

I'm not saying Italy isn't one of the most Catholic countries in the world I'm just sayin that is not THE most.