News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

why does God tell lies?

Started by joan of arc, July 18, 2014, 10:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joan of arc

Does anybody want to post a lie that God said in the Bible?  That is one purpose for this thread.

God said that those who believe in Him will do the works that Jesus did and greater works than those.  He said that people who believe in him can drink poison and it would have no effect on them.

He said faith of a mustard seed can move mountains.   He said nothing will be impossible for you who have faith.

Contemporary Protestant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxc20saM8DA

Best (lighthearted) explanation

in short people, want an excuse for hatred

joan of arc

it shows up as a big black box.

what has God done for you?  and why did you called me to troll?

Contemporary Protestant

I said I was suspicious

I don't feel comfortable talking about my personal life but I will give one detail

I have neurofibromatosis and my faith helps me deal with it

joan of arc

Well I'm happy for you then.  Keep the faith!

did you get your pass to Purgatory?  (The troll promised land)

Munch

God doesn't lie, the truth just warps around god to make it so.

"It feels real nice shoving a banana up my ass"
"No it doesn't, Gawd says it don't!!"
"Oh okay then, guess it doesn't then"
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on July 18, 2014, 10:47:45 PM

yeah, but a REAL god woulda fixed it for you....maybe you should try a god that does what it promises to do.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Contemporary Protestant

I never asked to be healed because I think its a ridiculous request

aitm

of course its a ridiculous request...especially when one know the answer will always be no, because one knows in the back of their mind, that god does not actually answer prayers at all. Ever.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: aitm on July 19, 2014, 09:35:40 AM
of course its a ridiculous request...especially when one know the answer will always be no, because one knows in the back of their mind, that god does not actually answer prayers at all. Ever.

Or that your own fart has more chance of answering a prayer then god does.. because the fart actually exists.

stromboli

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on July 18, 2014, 10:47:45 PM
I said I was suspicious

I don't feel comfortable talking about my personal life but I will give one detail

Feel for you, bro. But if science cures it, will you still be seeking comfort with the lord?

Contemporary Protestant

There is no cure, its a genetic disorder in which the body doesnt produce chemicals that prevent the development of tumors,

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on July 19, 2014, 11:00:15 AM
There is no cure, its a genetic disorder in which the body doesnt produce chemicals that prevent the development of tumors,
Sorry CP, but you dodged the question. If science would discover a cure for it, would you still be seeking comfort in religion/faith?

ETA: Feel for you, and I mean it.

Contemporary Protestant

I would need comfort for other things, i suffer from depression, the meds dont seem to help much be ause it all still seems pointless

Munch

Sorry to hear it dude. but if I can say, as a type 1 diabetic who was diagnosed from age 2 I've had to deal with a medical condition that is a constant fear for keeping it under control myself. I'm atheist, though only have been so since my late 20s -early 30s, and whatever I believe it hasn't had any baring on my medical condition.

I'm just gonna advise this, if faith helps you cope with it thats fine, but learning to stand on your own with a medical condition if better, it makes you more able to cope with it.