News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Purgatory

Started by wolf39us, July 17, 2014, 11:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on July 18, 2014, 10:17:44 AM
My favorite depiction of Purgatory is still the endless filling out of IRS-like forms. You have to fill them out for every good and bad deed that you've ever done along with everything else on IRS forms for all of eternity
Well, you might have to fill out IRS forms; I really can't say.  But I always though purgatory was like a refugee camp where some iffy type souls hang out while God makes up his mind what to do with them.  As I recall, Purgatory is not necessarily an eternity, like if you just sinned enough that God is not sure what to do with you, you can still go to Heaven if you are on your good behavior while you're in the waiting period.  But then I was a Protestant, so we need Azzi (remember Azzi) to explain the precise mechanics of Purgatory so we can all understand exactly how it works.

Shiranu

I'll join, just so I don't miss anything funny.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nam

Quote from: corn on July 18, 2014, 12:32:08 PM
purgatory is not eternal.  scriptures says nothing un clean shall enter heaven , so purgatory is the place where people are purified and made perfect for heaven.  everyone in purgatory gets to heaven Someday.

Can I have a pass?  Or a key?

But you're a troll. You have five posts, and join here solely to have a key to Purgatory. Plus, your name is "corn" -- can you be more obvious?

Yeah...good try, Frosty.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

SGOS

Quote from: corn on July 18, 2014, 12:32:08 PM
purgatory is not eternal.  scriptures says nothing un clean shall enter heaven , so purgatory is the place where people are purified and made perfect for heaven.  everyone in purgatory gets to heaven Someday.

Makes sense.  Your soul is given a metaphorical shower before you get a white robe that has been sanitized for heaven where everyone is squeaky clean, walking around in their white robes and saying hello and howdy to everyone else.

leo

I don't want to miss the fun. Some trolls are hilarious.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

wolf39us

Quote from: leo on July 18, 2014, 01:58:51 PM
I don't want to miss the fun. Some trolls are hilarious.

you want me to add you to the keepers?

stromboli

Changed my mind. Give me access.

leo

Quote from: wolf39us on July 18, 2014, 02:08:38 PM
you want me to add you to the keepers?
Yes. Count me in. I don't want to miss the fun.

AllPurposeAtheist

You're giving far to much attention to these people which I think is attracting more of their behavior. Now they have an audience and you're just to eager to be entertained. There's a reason most prisons are located away from major cities and the inmates kept away from the public aside from safety.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

leo

APA I like the purgatory idea very much. Some members like me want to play with our chewtoys for a while. Other members don't want to see trolls shitting the boards. The purgatory is a great idea.

wolf39us

Quote from: stromboli on July 18, 2014, 02:13:46 PM
Changed my mind. Give me access.

you should have access now

you too leo

Nam

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 18, 2014, 02:20:24 PM
You're giving far to much attention to these people which I think is attracting more of their behavior. Now they have an audience and you're just to eager to be entertained. There's a reason most prisons are located away from major cities and the inmates kept away from the public aside from safety.

What you got to ask yourself is this:

Is it better to have them in a "prison" here away from regular members, or with the regular members consistently interrupting the commerce of the website?

Continuously banning him/them didn't seem really to work; so far, how much interruption has there been? At least give it a trial run before automatically presuming it's nonsense.

If you do not wish to partake, don't.

Personally, I think this is a good learning tool. It helps members to identify trolls, trollish behaviour, and perhaps what they do or say that could place them in purgatory, and how to avoid such a place.

Prisons, actual ones, are hardly about rehabilitation (at least in the US), since many of them today are run by private companies, they're more about keeping prisoners because they are their profit margin.

But, the only profit here would be knowledge, and perhaps not rehabilitation but how to successfully combatant such indiscretions.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Hijiri Byakuren

You know what, sign me up. Could be hilarious.

Sent from Monster Island. Titty sprinkles.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Aye, sign me up too.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Solitary

Please don't sign me up, their presence here is hell, so them in purgatory would still be hell.  :wall: :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.