Another not-so-historically-accurate movie - Exodus: Gods and Kings

Started by pioteir, July 10, 2014, 10:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioteir

Don't know 'bout You guys but I'm getting a bit tired of bible-based hollywood "blockbusters". I don't treat them seriously, as a fantasy/special effects kinda show at best... like Lord of the rings or Star wars and stuff, but a class or 4 worse.

I'm just waiting for some x-tian nutbag to come out screaming about historical inaccuracies in this one...  :doh:
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

Solitary

You're  not alone! I just wish they would make one that is accurate with the original story, showing Adam's rib being ripped out to make EVE, and Lilith getting pissed off because she couldn't get on top having sex with Adam.  :eek:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Nam

Quote from: pioteir on July 10, 2014, 10:41:09 AM
Don't know 'bout You guys but I'm getting a bit tired of bible-based hollywood "blockbusters". I don't treat them seriously, as a fantasy/special effects kinda show at best... like Lord of the rings or Star wars and stuff, but a class or 4 worse.

I'm just waiting for some x-tian nutbag to come out screaming about historical inaccuracies in this one...  :doh:

Go to imdb.com -- I'm sure they're already doing it there.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Nam

Quote from: Solitary on July 10, 2014, 10:52:25 AM
You're  not alone! I just wish they would make one that is accurate with the original story, showing Adam's rib being ripped out to make EVE, and Lilith getting pissed off because she couldn't get on top having sex with Adam.  :eek:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Solitary

I think Prince of Egypt was the closest in accuracy when babies were being killed, and the Hebrews weren't depicted as white people, however the fact these films leave out the murder and rampage the Hebrews committed (according to them, in the OT) always seems to make them the victims rather than the aggressors.

-Nam.

stromboli

Hey hey- that whole "dead Egyptian first born" and "wiping out the Canaanites" thing doesn't count- its a free the slaves, promised land thingy.

Nam

Quote from: stromboli on July 10, 2014, 02:58:13 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528100
no rating yet.

No but the message board is busy. They only allow ratings when released otherwise they keep them closed to combat trolls.

-Nam

Nam

pioteir

Quote from: Nam on July 10, 2014, 03:11:03 PM
Here you go: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528100/board/flat/231779836

-Nam

I get You, but it's still got a bit to go to reach the crazyness about "Noah". It was even mentioned by some U.S. politician or whatever as I recall. Since "Exodus..." is kinda fresh I wonder if it'll reach that level of crazy.

BTW. Maybe some psychiatrist should come up with a name for this kind of mental disorder like "The Noah syndrome" or "The Noah historical accuracy deficiency disorder". Just wonderin'
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

Nam

Quote from: pioteir on July 10, 2014, 04:08:54 PM
I get You, but it's still got a bit to go to reach the crazyness about "Noah". It was even mentioned by some U.S. politician or whatever as I recall. Since "Exodus..." is kinda fresh I wonder if it'll reach that level of crazy.

BTW. Maybe some psychiatrist should come up with a name for this kind of mental disorder like "The Noah syndrome" or "The Noah historical accuracy deficiency disorder". Just wonderin'

It'll get there, once it reaches preview showings.

-Nam