L. Ron Hubbard's Great Grandson On His Great Grandfather

Started by stromboli, June 30, 2014, 09:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

That was kind of cool.  An unusual presentation.  Kind of a combination of historical background and poetry.

stromboli

Quote from: SGOS on June 30, 2014, 10:11:52 AM
That was kind of cool.  An unusual presentation.  Kind of a combination of historical background and poetry.

Yeah. his description of hubbard really shows the similarities with Joseph Smith- a born storyteller who could spin a yarn at the drop of a hat, charismatic, manipulative- Hubbard could have been a reincarnation of the man.

Solitary

This guy gave a terrific speech, and could be a actor, and what a memory.  I could see how he could start a religion too. To me religious leaders are either brilliant, insane, charismatic charlatans, or a combination of the former, while the followers are childish, neurotic, or insane.  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

Very interesting stuff Stromboli, i admit i dont know a lot about Hubbard or Scientology but i did read  Battlefield Earth''; about 20 years ago and i thought it was an excellent story if a bit long, and then a few years later i saw the movie with john travolta in and i thot it was utter shite, could've been done a whole lot better........
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

SGOS

Quote from: Solitary on June 30, 2014, 11:07:08 AM
This guy gave a terrific speech, and could be a actor, and what a memory.  I could see how he could start a religion too.
Scary, isn't it?  I thought the same thing when I watched him.

stromboli

Quote from: 10 Green Bottles..... on June 30, 2014, 12:13:39 PM
Very interesting stuff Stromboli, i admit i dont know a lot about Hubbard or Scientology but i did read  Battlefield Earth''; about 20 years ago and i thought it was an excellent story if a bit long, and then a few years later i saw the movie with john travolta in and i thot it was utter shite, could've been done a whole lot better........

didn't read the book but I agree about the movie.

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_DeWolf
Slam poet. formerly known as Jamie Kennedy. Very extensive record as an artist.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on June 30, 2014, 05:08:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_DeWolf
Slam poet. formerly known as Jamie Kennedy. Very extensive record as an artist.

Oh..that's art.. I was wondering. Still some serious fucked uppedness. In another time it was called mental illness.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Sad part is that the biggest three troublemakers in the world do not see that both Hubbard and Smith simply are recent con artists, but this is how all religions get started.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

_Xenu_

Quote from: stromboli on June 30, 2014, 10:53:39 AM
Yeah. his description of hubbard really shows the similarities with Joseph Smith- a born storyteller who could spin a yarn at the drop of a hat, charismatic, manipulative- Hubbard could have been a reincarnation of the man.
And no doubt was in one of his many fanciful tales about past lives.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home