Heroic Cat Saves Kid From A Stray Dog!

Started by josephpalazzo, May 14, 2014, 08:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on May 16, 2014, 01:19:49 PM
Talk about viral. I was out walking my dog this morning and a guy stopped me and asked if I'd seen the video.

The CNN "effect"...

stromboli

I had a cat years ago that was awesome. he ruled the neighborhood. His favorite strategy was waiting atop the tire in the wheel well of my 4X4 and ambushing cats or dogs. He would attack from above and behind and lay waste to them before they could retaliate.

Never did figure out crossing the road in traffic, unfortunately.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 16, 2014, 10:21:50 AM
I had a warrior cat that wouldn't allow dogs in our yard. He battled them for ten years and seldom had a draw. The dogs learned to respect his boundaries.

A slightly aggressive (or at least willing to stands it's ground) cat is handy to have around in the greyhound rescue world. Most of the dogs coming off the track have never seen a cat before, and an aggressive cat willing to put an overly interested hound in it's place is often all it takes to convince the hound that cats are not something with which to fuck. Unfortunately some of the greys have a very high prey drive, and the reality is 80 lb. greyhound with a high prey drive versus 10 lb. cat the greyhound wins. That's not to say kitty can't get a few good licks in and there are of course exceptions to the rule, but generally if puppy wants kitty dead and can get a hold of it kitty ends up dead.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

stromboli

Yeah. I've got a Rat Terrier that thinks he's a Pit Bull. Had him to the vet twice with 2 incidents with big tomcats, damn near as big as him. He lost, but he thinks he won.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on May 16, 2014, 02:43:04 PM
A slightly aggressive (or at least willing to stands it's ground) cat is handy to have around in the greyhound rescue world. Most of the dogs coming off the track have never seen a cat before, and an aggressive cat willing to put an overly interested hound in it's place is often all it takes to convince the hound that cats are not something with which to fuck. Unfortunately some of the greys have a very high prey drive, and the reality is 80 lb. greyhound with a high prey drive versus 10 lb. cat the greyhound wins. That's not to say kitty can't get a few good licks in and there are of course exceptions to the rule, but generally if puppy wants kitty dead and can get a hold of it kitty ends up dead.
My tom was 23 pounds and in good fighting trim. Lost an ear and part of his tail in fights.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: KUSA on May 16, 2014, 01:16:56 PM
Pound per pound a cat is a more powerful animal than a dog. The size difference is usually the factor that give the dog an advantage.

Cats are like wolverine (yeah that makes sense), they might be short, but there claws can rip you a new one.

btw, cat vs bear -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0wSXxa3TlY
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin