Heroic Cat Saves Kid From A Stray Dog!

Started by josephpalazzo, May 14, 2014, 08:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Berati

Wow, I didn't think a cat would do that and I've had many cats.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Poison Tree

Ok, time to put artificial selection to work. That cat should have as many off-spring as possible in the hope that we can breed from it cats that are willing to defend their owners.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

AllPurposeAtheist

What I'm more interested in is the "legal eggspurts" views on just exactly how much money this family should sue the dog's owner for. It's not exactly like they're lacking in evidence.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

It's definitely not typical cat behavior, but yet it does not surprise me.  They are fast, can be aggressive, and capable of inflicting a lot of harm.  They usually purr and cuddle, but that's not all they are about.  I was impressed at how quickly the cat sorted out the situation.  He was probably already sensing danger before the first bite, and made his decision to attack in a split second.  After that, he was totally committed to defending the kid.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Berati on May 14, 2014, 10:03:34 PM
Wow, I didn't think a cat would do that and I've had many cats.

Check Youtube for "cat vs. bear". They don't take no shit.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Kitty is probably pretty lucky that mom was right there too. While the dog undoubtedly let go of the child because of the cat, there is a good chance it would have turned it's attention to miss kitty if mom had come charging in right behind the cat. If you noticed kitty was pretty quick to figure that out too. As soon as it got around the car it stopped chasing the dog and retreated to cover.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Solitary

My aunt had a show dog (A Belington Terrier that looks like a sheep.) that I accidently (honest) let out while working on her house. I went out looking for him and when I saw him walk past a cat it attacked the dog and pulled most of his fur off. My aunt saw the dog and went nuts. I couldn't hardly keep from laughing, the dog looked like a large Mexican Hairless. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

I once had a pitbull/chow mix, but a very gentle dog with huge fangs and we had a little gray cat that was not so gentle.  Big dog attacked mean cat and mean cat shredded big dogs snout. Big dog never fucked with mean little gray cat again.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

I love how protective cats show themselves to be.

More often then not, I find that dog owners have issues with cats, many even just flat out hating on them, where as cat owners are more flexible with dogs. I'm saying this as someone whos owned two cats and a dog.

I remember my first cat, when I was a teen and having my then girlfriend come to my house with her french poodle, happy skippy little thing, and the first thing my cat did was bolt at it and attack, claws and teeth, before we chased him off.
poodle was shaken badly by it and my girlfriend stopped coming round. Just as well I woke up to my homosexuality afterward.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on May 15, 2014, 09:21:21 AM
Kitty is probably pretty lucky that mom was right there too. While the dog undoubtedly let go of the child because of the cat, there is a good chance it would have turned it's attention to miss kitty if mom had come charging in right behind the cat. If you noticed kitty was pretty quick to figure that out too. As soon as it got around the car it stopped chasing the dog and retreated to cover.
I had a warrior cat that wouldn't allow dogs in our yard. He battled them for ten years and seldom had a draw. The dogs learned to respect his boundaries.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 16, 2014, 10:21:50 AM
I had a warrior cat that wouldn't allow dogs in our yard. He battled them for ten years and seldom had a draw. The dogs learned to respect his boundaries.

dog owners assume all cats are weak in the presence of dogs. When i owned a Labrador/golden retriever cross (he was a huge dog), he had absolutely no fear of his owners, other people, other dogs, he would chase other dogs and bark at people walking by...
But when our cat was in the room, my dog would cower in fear to him. Our cat held dominance over our household, and even our dog, who was twice the size of our cat, stood in fear of him.

This age old belief that dogs chase cats and cats run away like scared little pussies is bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elp9OXyMR_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqI6p75zL2Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nDMrYfbMCA

of course I'm not saying all dogs are push overs either, some dogs do still chase cats. Honestly it all comes down to the cat and dogs personality, and not on the assumption one species is always cowardly and the other is always brave.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

KUSA

Pound per pound a cat is a more powerful animal than a dog. The size difference is usually the factor that give the dog an advantage.

stromboli

Talk about viral. I was out walking my dog this morning and a guy stopped me and asked if I'd seen the video.