News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Attn DC Potheads

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, March 04, 2014, 08:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Marijuana is now decriminalized in Washington DC meaning congress might actually do something imaginative..
http://www.voanews.com/content/washingt ... 64280.html
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aileron

If the GOP controlled House doesn't put on a show for the rubes pretending they want to repeal this (they can't without the Senate), then we may have reached a tipping point with pot.  I think they won't.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Moriarty

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Marijuana is now decriminalized in Washington DC meaning congress might actually do something imaginative..
http://www.voanews.com/content/washingt ... 64280.html

But not likely in California..........go figure.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/03/03 ... izing-pot/
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

AllPurposeAtheist

Who cares about California?  Last time I was there I prayed.. then prayed it would fall into the Pacific Ocean.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

When I'm legally lighting up a doobie on my deck in Utah the world will be right, and not until then.

SGOS

Imagine!  Being able to take a hit on a joint without fear!  It was unthinkable at one time.  Yeah, but didn't smoking pot make you paranoid?  Well, duh??  It used to.  You could lose your job, end up in jail, and fuck up your life.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason78

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Marijuana is now decriminalized in Washington DC meaning congress might actually do something imaginative..

Does this mean that I could walk right up to the president, blow smoke in his face, and he'd just have to stand there grooving on it?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Jason78"

Does this mean that I could walk right up to the president, blow smoke in his face, and he'd just have to stand there grooving on it?
Yeah, right up to the time where the Secret Service ass-raped you.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

What needs to happen is for Marijuana to be rescheduled as a class 2 drug. That would deregulate everything, including the DEA and get many thousands of people out of prison.

Moriarty

Quote from: "stromboli"What needs to happen is for Marijuana to be rescheduled as a class 2 drug. That would deregulate everything, including the DEA and get many thousands of people out of prison.

All drugs need to be decriminalized (not legalized mind you). They are a health issue not necessarily a legal one and need to be treated as such. As you pointed out concerning bud, it would take tons of pressure off over crowded, over burdened prisons and jails. As well as stopping the untold amount of wasted money on a war on drugs that is not winnable. It works in Portugal.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.