News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What's for dinner?

Started by Hydra009, March 04, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

We have breakfast for supper every now and then, but we have breakfast for breakfast to often to make it special.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 24, 2017, 08:08:08 AM
My favorite supper is breakfast.
And my favorite breakfast is supper. (Especially if it's cold pizza)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sorginak

My favorite breakfast is coffee. 

Gawdzilla Sama

My breakfast breakfast is a bowl of cereal and four cups of coffee. But I love sausage, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, so when I'm not in danger of burning the house down I make breakfast.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 24, 2017, 10:51:15 AM
My breakfast breakfast is a bowl of cereal and four cups of coffee. But I love sausage, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, so when I'm not in danger of burning the house down I make breakfast.
My wife is the same way.  She could have breakfast for breakfast, lunch and dinner--and snack time.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PopeyesPappy

Tonight it was a Caesar salad and grilled bacon wrapped chicken breast.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 24, 2017, 08:08:08 AM
My favorite supper is breakfast.

That cracks me up.  My favorite breakfast is lunch.  I'm almost never up in time for breakfast.  But I made a stuffed omelet today.  Saute some green pepper, onion, and a garlic clove in an 8" cast iron skillet in bacon fat.  Shave some good cheddar cheese and mince a half-slice of bacon.  Remove sauteed veggies to the plate.  Crack 2 eggs in a small container and add ground pepper and oregano.  Shake well.

Pour into skillet  medium low heat.  Cover 2 minutes.  Add  veggies cheese bacon on half the eggs.  cover 1 minute. 

Fold omelet in half.  Wait 30 seconds and remove.  Serve with buttered cinnamon toast, heated whole milk with vanilla extract.

Wow!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

PopeyesPappy

Grilled chicken breast marinated in olive oil, chili powder and paprika with Mexican rice and lettuce and tomatoes with guacamole and sour cream.

Munch

thats looks so good. But I always find using large plates for such meals makes it look like lesser portions. I prefer to bring it all together on a smaller plate to make it look like a full meal.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on September 30, 2017, 08:46:04 PM
thats looks so good. But I always find using large plates for such meals makes it look like lesser portions. I prefer to bring it all together on a smaller plate to make it look like a full meal.

You are right about plate size.  Studies seem to show that smaller plates make meals look larger.  Plates have grown larger over the decades.  I use medium plates.  Or more often bowls.  A stir fry in a bowl looks like a lot more than spread out on a plate.

Munch

Yeah me too, i prefer bowls these days. I made sausage mash and beans last night and had it in a bowl.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

I also use small plates. See how big is the cutlery compared to the plate)
But I eat very little anyway. 

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on October 01, 2017, 08:51:31 AM
Yeah me too, i prefer bowls these days. I made sausage mash and beans last night and had it in a bowl.

3 hot italian sausages, cooked and cut into coins
1 can of cannellini beans undrained
1 carrot, i onion 1 celery stalk, minced and simmered to tender
1 small can of diced tomatoes
1/4 c of chicken broth (I use paste)
2 cloves garlic, crushed (or garlic powder)
1 tbs oregano
some crushed red pepper flakes to taste

Thicken with flour or cornstarch as desired.

Let sit in fridge overnight.  Reheat.  Yum!

Cassia

Tonight, it's gonna be mushroom and cheese raviolo from scratch with a yogurt/garlic/basil/curry sauce and a side of buttered garden peas and homemade sourdough bread. Yum !!! I always forget how easy it is to roll out some fresh egg pasta.

Unbeliever

To paraphrase Warf (from STNG), today is a good day to dine.

🖖
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman