News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"A Haunting" is Bullshit

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, February 23, 2014, 03:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

My mom loves "A Haunting." It's a show about supposed ghost stories that "really happened." Always resolved by psychics and Christian priests, of course. I know this show is bullshit, but the one she was watching today took the cake. The story was almost word-for-word lifted from an old Slenderman story I read a couple years ago. I wish I was exaggerating.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Jason78

TV shows are ripping off creepypasta now?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Jason78"TV shows are ripping off creepypasta now?
That would be one thing. This show is presenting events that are supposedly real. :lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

Hollywoo is about nothing but ripping off.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

AllPurposeAtheist

This thread is obviously haunted. **calls Francis for exorcism
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"My mom loves "A Haunting." It's a show about supposed ghost stories that "really happened." Always resolved by psychics and Christian priests, of course. I know this show is bullshit, but the one she was watching today took the cake. The story was almost word-for-word lifted from an old Slenderman story I read a couple years ago. I wish I was exaggerating.
Since they're re-enacting reported "eyewitness" accounts, that's entirely possible.

? heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who Heard it from another you been messin' around ?

The Skeletal Atheist

A TV show is lying to people? Well color me shocked! I'm going to write a sternly worded letter to the editor about this one!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

PickelledEggs

Not necessarily lying to people. It's based off a true story. So that probably just means it's based off of people imagining that they are getting haunted.

Sent via Tapatalk on my I-605 JediX20

SGOS

Is this on the Discovery Channel by any chance?

Hydra009

Quote from: "SGOS"Is this on the Discovery Channel by any chance?
Indeed it is.  Can't say that I'm surprised, either.