I think I found a religion weirder than scientology.

Started by Insult to Rocks, February 03, 2014, 03:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insult to Rocks

Quote[Background: Woden's Folk is a racist cult based on an "ancient prophecy" that is actually a piece of dialogue from Robin of Sherwood, a 1980s TV series]

It's funny how the central core of wyrd of our folkish faith is understood by us and never understood by the oh-so moral lefty arses.
 Wyrd had me doing a random chain of searches via google and the ensuing linked topics last night.

The linked topic took me to the WF page on theRational Wankie site for the critique of all and sundry that the left don't like.
 One thing they got all moist about on Rationalwiki was the usage the Hooded Man prophecy from the 80s Robin Hood.
 Well all fair in a world that does not have a Northern Germanic faith that, as mentioned above, has wyrd at its core.

The left may well see nothing wrong with the pope getting revelation from the White Christ and then transmitting it to the faithful, so why is Wulf of WF picked out for seeing a revelation in the works of a person, priest or not, who just happens to write for a program.
 As it is said, Wyrd goes where it must and if it needed to find an outlet via the pen of another then so be it.

Let's be honest here, putting diluted animal shite on the field you grow food crops on sounds disgusting if you don't understand the mechanism involved in the crop, so if you don't understand the web of wyrd then how can you judge the harvest of revelation and the field from which it came forth.
Quote from here://http://fstdt.com/QuoteArchives.aspx?Archive=1
Lesson learned today kids, things can always get weirder.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

AllPurposeAtheist

Well thank god they don't knock Toothfairianism. :-$
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

stromboli

"....and lo, Chef Boy-Ar-Dee did rise from the altar of his spaghetti pot, and did angrily cast the Holy Collander down.
'HE THAT MOCKETH THE SAUCE BY SUBSTITUTING BASIL FOR OREGANO SHALL FOREVER BE CURSED IN THE EYES OF HIS HOLINESS, THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!' And the crowds did cower before him yea, even to wet themselves in fear........"

1st Epistle of Emeril, Ch.11, v. 12

Thus it was spoken.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"OK, I am offering founding a religion around Back to the Future. You will be damned forever if you don't join. It will be the religion of love and peace. Who's with me?

I will join said religion if and only if it includes attractive strippers and a clause where we acknwolege certain fictional characters as our saviors.

Not including Jesus, that's too mainstream  8-)
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"Lesson learned today kids, things can always get weirder.

You mean like otakukin?

Naberius

"[T]he only meaning of life worth caring about is one that can withstand our best efforts to examine it." - Dan Dennett

stromboli

Quote from: "Naberius"http://yeezianity.com/about/

Only 5 pillars? Meh. The true Pastafarian must know the nine noodles of nonconformity.  [-(

St Giordano Bruno

Young earth creationist is as weird as albeit not necessarily weirder. Maybe some obsure baby eating cult would be weirder.
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Atheon

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"I will join said religion if and only if it includes attractive strippers
Taiwanese Taoism!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Passion of Christ

This is what happens when people stop believing in the true God/moral teachings of Christ regarding human equality. Asatru advocate a purely natural universe and the gods are aliens who evolved on other planets who contacted ice-age shamans via mind to mind transmission technology. There is no God beyond who made the universe itself so it's closer to atheism than it is most of the other religions.  It's similar also to Raelianisn and Mormonism, some fruity beliefs there.

Solitary

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"OK, I am offering founding a religion around Back to the Future. You will be damned forever if you don't join. It will be the religion of love and peace. Who's with me?

Your sarcasm has been noted.  =D>   :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solitary

Quote from: "Passion of Christ"This is what happens when people stop believing in the true God/moral teachings of Christ regarding human equality. Asatru advocate a purely natural universe and the gods are aliens who evolved on other planets who contacted ice-age shamans via mind to mind transmission technology. There is no God beyond who made the universe itself so it's closer to atheism than it is most of the other religions.  It's similar also to Raelianisn and Mormonism, some fruity beliefs there.

I guess you forgot God's word that slavery is OK---aliens, another bunch of beings with no evidence.  #-o  :roll:   Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Passion of Christ

Quote from: "Solitary"I guess you forgot God's word that slavery is OK---aliens, another bunch of beings with no evidence.  #-o  :roll:   Solitary

Slavery is as old as civilization itself but at some point we realized that it is wrong having been influenced by certain spiritual teachings into this understanding. It's wrong now and it was wrong back then as well as you would agree. It didn't become right because people thousands of years ago decided it was as you would have to claim yourself if morality and ethical practices is something entirely relative to individuals and cultures. What you can have are better and worse standards regardless of what anyone thinks and for this to work you'll have to accept the existence of your Heavenly Father. We can outline the way God made you in these diagrams here.

You can have a go at explaining why these aren't true accurate depictions if you like. But these looks in good order to me no complaints there.

ApostateLois

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on February 03, 2014, 03:47:29 PM
Can't we go back to Sun worship?

Things were so much simpler then. You just made a few grain offerings, thanked the sun for coming up that day, prayed that the great sky-dragon wouldn't eat it during an eclipse, and went about your business. Now everything sucks.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"