Something Marvelous To Watch

Started by Solitary, February 01, 2014, 11:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

:-D  When the natural world is at it's finest it brings wonder and a joy to be alive.

http://youtu.be/88UVJpQGi88  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's cool to watch starlings by the gazillions,  but don't walk under them unless you want a nice chalky white shower. :-$
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Solitary"I want to come back as a pigeon and see you sitting below me.  :lol:   8-)  Solitary
You're a Hindu?  :shock:

stromboli

Utah is on a flyway for several species of birds because of the marshes on the Eastern shores of the Great Salt Lake. We get treated to this every so often. I lived for several years not far from the marshes, and got treated by everything from Starlings to Canada Geese to ducks to other birds. As an added treat, the Raptors made appearances now and then. I had a Peregrine Falcon that perched on my garage roof and in the tree in my front yard on occasion. And even a Great Horned Owl a few times. Yes, it is awesome.

AllPurposeAtheist

Starlings flew through the woods behind our house when I was a kid. GAZILLIONS! I was hitch hiking in Illinois once when they were migrating and stuck out on some country road all day and wave after wave after wave of billions (it seemed) flew by. (Excuse my shitty grammar) :-$

Jason78

It looks rather like the spring migrations of the catholic nuns near where I live.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

Looking at something like that makes it easy to see why people used to believe in natural spirits and the like.

Hive mechanics like these are awesome.