News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sup guys

Started by MitchellDaBomb, January 28, 2014, 08:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

That's why atheists say "we cannot know, so we're not going to spend any attention to it".

After all; there's no noticable difference whether you pay attention to god or not, so you might as well not waste your time.

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "Plu"That's why atheists say "we cannot know, so we're not going to spend any attention to it".

After all; there's no noticable difference whether you pay attention to god or not, so you might as well not waste your time.

Of course there isn't in this life...The only difference will be in the hereafter.
Hi I make music and stuff. You may be surprised.
https://soundcloud.com/sinclair-12

Plu

And you are more likely to be wrong than right about that as well, considering there are infinite things that could happen after death and yours is just one of them.

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "Plu"And you are more likely to be wrong than right about that as well, considering there are infinite things that could happen after death and yours is just one of them.

Good thing I know what is infinite and finite

Damarcus

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"
Quote from: "Plu"And you are more likely to be wrong than right about that as well, considering there are infinite things that could happen after death and yours is just one of them.

but you don't! that's the thing. You Think you know, which isn't the same thing. If you want people to start accepting your claims ( which tells us that everything we think we know about reality and the universe is wrong) you're going to need some stronger evidence than "I believe it because I know that it's true"

oh and by the way, I haven't been insulting you, I've been pointing out flaws in your beliefs, is your faith in Allah so flimsy that you can't handle that?
Quote from: \"Tony Harrison\""This is an outrage!"

Quote from: \"Plu\"When you can\'t wield logic, everything sounds like an insult.

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "Damarcus"

but you don't! that's the thing. You Think you know, which isn't the same thing. If you want people to start accepting your claims ( which tells us that everything we think we know about reality and the universe is wrong) you're going to need some stronger evidence than "I believe it because I know that it's true"

oh and by the way, I haven't been insulting you, I've been pointing out flaws in your beliefs, is your faith in Allah so flimsy that you can't handle that?

Haha my faith is as strong as my heart. Nothing would ever brush away my faith, not even death. I already said you can choose to believe what you like. Allah will not make things any more difficult on you in this life...Its only the hereafter that he applies his will..I never said anything we know is wrong...Its actually all correct (most of it at least...except for a few principles in thermodynamics and many of the purposed theories in modern particle physics)..Science does bring us closer :)

Damarcus

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"Haha my faith is as strong as my heart. Nothing would ever brush away my faith, not even death. I already said you can choose to believe what you like. Allah will not make things any more difficult on you in this life...Its only the hereafter that he applies his will..I never said anything we know is wrong...Its actually all correct (most of it at least...except for a few principles in thermodynamics and many of the purposed theories in modern particle physics)..Science does bring us closer :)
I do like the "science brings us closer to god" sentiment. It'd be nice if more religious people (particularly muslims) felt that way.

However...saying that most of science is correct (except for the parts that contradict my personal beliefs) is a dead end. You're putting up an arbitrary wall where science is "wrong" because it doesn't fit with your worldview. reality doesn't work like that, I'm afraid. It's also getting into "god of the gaps" territory. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps
Quote from: \"Tony Harrison\""This is an outrage!"

Quote from: \"Plu\"When you can\'t wield logic, everything sounds like an insult.

Plu

QuoteNothing would ever brush away my faith, not even death.

I'll just leave this here.

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteNothing would ever brush away my faith, not even death.

I'll just leave this here.
[ Image ]

haha faith does make all the difference...no evidence in the world would be enough for you..it is merely a matter of perspective...an insight of the heart truly

and Damascus..Lets just say there will always be unknown unknowns that will never be explained until you Die...so science is merely for simplicity and ease..In the process of giving us that simplicity, it gives us more Knowledge about the material universe..But since Knowledge is always perpetuating itself..Our material knowledge will never understand True Knowledge...Which is why your search for "Evidence" will amount to nothing, and my nothing will amount to Evidence.

Plu

Yeah, having faith indeed makes all the difference ;)

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"Nothing would ever brush away my faith, not even death.
I'm pretty sure death would brush away your faith.... because you would be dead.

To clarify, dead people can't think things or believe things.

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"Nothing would ever brush away my faith, not even death.
I'm pretty sure death would brush away your faith.... because you would be dead.

wow I'm surprised you know so much about death. how many times have you experienced it?

Plu

I could ask the same, but you don't need to experience things to be full of shit it seems :)

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"

wow I'm surprised you know so much about death. how many times have you experienced it?
As many times as you.

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"As many times as you.

Therefore you cannot clarify that dead people cannot think or believe, because beyond death is unknown.