News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why did YOU start to lose faith?

Started by Insult to Rocks, January 20, 2014, 03:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker_Lee

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 20, 2014, 03:30:04 AM
Well appearantly some atheists do have a religion.
You guys remember that 'cultural Christian' from a few days ago? *shudder* Now there was a guy with his fingers tucked deep in his ears.

You may hate religion, but that does not excuse you from being a religious person. No more than a guy I once met who hated men wasn't a guy himself.
Not feeling like you fit in with a greater denomination of Christians does not excuse that.

It's stirs up tension because people like you are still buying it and proclaiming we should too. The Thora is also still stirring up tension, especially if you concider it's kind of part of the current Bible. It's had a longer run too, but that does not lend credit to it. The Koran still stirs up tension. I dare you to find one argument to dismiss their holy book that can not be turned around and used on the Bible with minor adjustments. In other parts of the world you have Hindu's still following their ancient texts are called and it doesn't lend an iota of credit to their beliefs.

Why does it still stir up tension? You need only look in the mirror. We're ready to move past it.
I have no religion, if you think i do then you are mistaken. I am not telling you to follow anything but there is a God whether you like it or not.
Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 19, 2014, 10:08:38 PM
Yeah..... And the stories of Jesus are from the bible. What makes you think the bible has any validity? How are going about your cherry picking of what you think is real from it?

Do you refrain from washing your hands before dinner, btw?
I believe it is real because it is. After research i realized it is true because i know Jesus is real.
God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.

Mr.Obvious

Still waiting on that argument, religion boy.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Walker_Lee

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 21, 2014, 11:20:34 AM
Still waiting on that argument, religion boy.
Look religion is a man made set of rules that has now started stupid arguments and wars. I do not follow anything man made. I am a follower of Jesus and i preach the message of the Gospel. No religion.
God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.

Hydra009

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 21, 2014, 11:37:40 AM
Look religion is a man made set of rules that has now started stupid arguments and wars. I do not follow anything man made. I am a follower of Jesus and i preach the message of the Gospel. No religion.

What if I told you that all religions are man-made (duh!) and that the "not-a-religion" that you follow is actually very much a religion.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 21, 2014, 11:37:40 AM

Perhaps you're not understanding the argument I'm waiting for.
Give something that verifies the validity of the Bible or whatever scripture you get your information concerning your Gospel from that can not be tweaked and used for the validation of other holy books.
OR
At least give something that discredits the other holy books and can not be tweaked and used for the Bible or whatever scripture you get your information concerning your Gospel from. (This second argument of course would not prove the validity of the scripture concerning your gospel.)

If you can't prove the divinity of the scripture containing your gospel, it's most likely manmade. You know, it would be such as actual studies indicate. Which would make you, by your own definition, 'a follower of religion'.

Still waiting for that argument.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

josephpalazzo

Must be the statement of the year: "I follow Jesus, but I don't believe in religion."

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 21, 2014, 02:26:41 PM
Must be the statement of the year: "I follow Jesus, but I don't believe in religion."
There was a big old poster at Green River CC advertising that very stance. So yeah, it's a thing.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

pioteir

Don't make fun of the mentally challenged person! The only book mentioning jesus is the holy bible which is true, so jesus is true. If the bible wasn't true then jesus wouldn't be true, but that's ridiculous because it's all true. He KNOWS it, so tadaaaa, here's Your precious proof.
Now stop kicking the carcass of the one true follower of jesus, because it's not funny anymore, and gives him much more attention he deserves.
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking