News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Worst Christmas Music

Started by EntirelyOfThisWorld, December 01, 2013, 09:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Jingle Bell Rock. It's not rock.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

BarkAtTheMoon

Most ones from modern groups are pretty much garbage. I like some of the classic ones depending on the singer, but generally speaking Mannheim Steamroller & Trans Siberian Orchestra > pretty much everything else.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

EntirelyOfThisWorld

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"
Quote from: Eddie IzzardWhen you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do.

Or if god is a little less than omnipotent, he could bury a big black slab on the gray one and mark it with a big magnetic field so they can find it and dig it up.  When they dig it up and sunlight hits it for the first time in eons, it sends god a signal that they made it.

[source; having a reasonable attention span while watching movies, even under the influence of herbal substances.]

Back on topic.  I have always liked Classical Music, from Bach to Stravinsky.  I can handle Handel's Messiah, and Carol of the Bells cause of the Baroque vibe goin' on.  Mostly the stuff that started coming out in the commercial age is crap.  The Irving Berlin Stuff is OK only because it is better written than most.  In high school band we always had a Christmas concert where I usually felt like throwing up afterward.  The only redeeming thing in all that was Sleigh Ride (the instrumental version), which was actually fun to play because of the polyphonic orchestration.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "EntirelyOfThisWorld"
Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"The 12 Days of Christmas. Fuck that song.

Yeah. By the time they get to five gold rings, I want to  :Hangman: myself from them.

I remember doing this song when I was in elementary school with all my classmates. My part was "On the 11th day of Christmas", so I had to wait FOREVER to sing my part, and only got to sing it twice. I fucking hated that goddamn song.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"The 12 Days of Christmas. Fuck that song.

What's really funny about that song, Smarty Pants, is that the people who sing it are also often the same folk who bemoan the materialism of modern Christmas.
<insert witty aphorism here>

ApostateLois

I hate almost all Christmas music. It's either too cloyingly sweet, or really stupid and annoying, or it's all Jesusy. Actually, I can tolerate the old-timey Christian songs better than I can the modern shit. I just got a job at Fry's market, and they play country music ALL THE GODDAMNED TIME. They are mixing it up with Christmas songs, and sometimes they play country Christmas songs, because Christmas music by itself isn't sucky enough without a Texas twang. Luckily, I can't hear the music too much in the deli area.

I do have a few favorites:

//https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NKHJ64qRR8

//https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnG8nOK7nqM

//https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLfhizLZi7c

Dammit! Howcome I can never get the Youtube tags to work??  :evil:
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

EntirelyOfThisWorld

I woke up this morning with a Frosty the Snowman earworm.

AAAGHHHHHH!
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.