Started by EntirelyOfThisWorld, December 01, 2013, 09:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smartmarzipan

Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

PickelledEggs

mykcob4

Quote from: "EntirelyOfThisWorld"O.K., I'll start.
Santa Clause is Comming to Town, espcially the Springsteen version (Sorry, boss, it's your darkest hour. . er three minutes)

Dogs Barking Jingle bells.

Foot note; Gene Autry is reputed to have hated Frosty the Snow Man

Ironically, for this old atheist curmudgeion, the least anoying are alot of the old christian carols, and the Irving Berlin stuff.
Gene Autry may have hated 'Frosty the Snowman' but he recorded 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer'.
I like most christmas music except for the messege. I hate country christmas and rock and roll christmas stuff, they are just annoying. The worst was on a christsmas special when David Bowie sang a duet with Bing Crosby....AWFUL!

AllPurposeAtheist

Funny, I generally HATE the shit out of xmess music, but can sing it and play some on the geetar..
I really should sing White xmess in my patented baritone voice, but you'd all just make fun of me. :cry:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

EntirelyOfThisWorld

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "EntirelyOfThisWorld"O.K., I'll start.
Santa Clause is Comming to Town, espcially the Springsteen version (Sorry, boss, it's your darkest hour. . er three minutes)

Dogs Barking Jingle bells.

Foot note; Gene Autry is reputed to have hated Frosty the Snow Man

Ironically, for this old atheist curmudgeion, the least anoying are alot of the old christian carols, and the Irving Berlin stuff.
Gene Autry may have hated 'Frosty the Snowman' but he recorded 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer'.
I like most christmas music except for the messege. I hate country christmas and rock and roll christmas stuff, they are just annoying. The worst was on a christsmas special when David Bowie sang a duet with Bing Crosby....AWFUL!
Doh.  I knew it was one of those lame tunes.

Another one is Twelve Days of Xmas.  That song has one redeeming feature in that it has roots, like the practice of celebrating Xmas in December, in Paganism.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

Smartmarzipan

The 12 Days of Christmas. Fuck that song.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

hillbillyatheist

I like christmas music. but there is a worst that I hate.

anything by alvin and the chipmunks.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

AllPurposeAtheist

It could be an exciting Brady Bunch Christmess Special Chrystmess album! You know you wanna listen to Greg and Cindy sing a duet..allll dayyy longgg...admit it! :)

EntirelyOfThisWorld

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"The 12 Days of Christmas. Fuck that song.

Yeah. By the time they get to five gold rings, I want to  :Hangman: myself from them.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

AllPurposeAtheist

I couldn't get past the pear tree thing, a seasonal fruit that's basically bare and dormant in December.. Oh goody, eh? :)
Not to mention they're really tall trees so the partridge would nest way up high so starvation looms..  To bad the second day wasn't a gun with two bullets.

Aroura33

Quote from: "wolf39us"+1 Springsteen: Santa Clause is Coming to Town

I hate "Silver Bells" and "Grandma Got Runover By a Reindeer"

Although I agree with all those voting for Springsteen: Santa Clause is Coming to Town, I LOVE Silver Bells, Bing Crosby version.
Also, little Michael Jackson is still just killing me with Santa Clause is Coming to Town.  I just hate AL versions of that song

Quote from: "aileron"Some other really annoying ones:

So this is Christmas:  More condescending, preachy lyrics from the narcissist who's more popular than Jesus.
Little Drummer Boy:  Especially the version by gravel-gargling Bob Seger.
Jingle Bell Rock:  Nuff said.
+100 to So this is Christmas.  I hate it.
Not a fan of Jingle Bell Rock either.

Also agree with  the person that said most country and rock versions suck.  There are a few exceptions though.  For instance, as goofy as it is I love the original "Santa Baby", Which I guess is more blues/soul, but still, a good one.  Also like most Irving Berlin, Berl Ives kiddies songs, Crosby and Cole (even the religious ones, they are pretty, if you disregard the lyrics...).  Cole's "Oh Holy Night" is really moving, even if it is fiction.  Mostly, I like "Classic" Christmas songs, and oldies waaaaay more than anything made since about 1980.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Hydra009

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"I like christmas music. but there is a worst that I hate.

anything by alvin and the chipmunks.
[youtube:3sjewvlr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYEymM9xRXE[/youtube:3sjewvlr]

:Hangman:

Hopist

Not really a fan of any of them really they are too sweet or jolly. :-&

Actually I tell a lie, I can tolerate the original "Do they Know it's Christmas", dunno why.

This one I saw on an Anita Sarkeesian vid (#1 on her list) is wrong for another reason altogether:
//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpDnr2s9yxQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=315

Unbelievable.
"Raarghhh!" - Chewbacca, The Empire Strikes Back

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Worst christmas song: little drummer boy.

Exactly.  Anyone who expects me to believe that a drummer, playing a fucking drum solo, is a gift fit for the Creator of All That Is -- that person clearly has never known a fucking drummer.

Also, I've got a  couple of favorites: "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", for specifically documenting the misdeeds of a domineering and voyeuristic burglar, and this one, for its sublime beauty:

[youtube:35ahx8g6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWG2dsXV5HI[/youtube:35ahx8g6]
<insert witty aphorism here>

EntirelyOfThisWorld

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Worst christmas song: little drummer boy.

Exactly.  Anyone who expects me to believe that a drummer, playing a fucking drum solo, is a gift fit for the Creator of All That Is -- that person clearly has never known a fucking drummer.

Also, I've got a  couple of favorites: "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", for specifically documenting the misdeeds of a domineering and voyeuristic burglar, and this one, for its sublime beauty:

[youtube:11a60tgy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWG2dsXV5HI[/youtube:11a60tgy]

If anyone can fuck up a xmass tune (i.e., make it listenable), it's Coltrane.