The Future Of Medical Care

Started by Solitary, October 20, 2013, 10:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

I'm not sure if this will fly with the power that the pharmaceutical companies and the AMA has.

iDoctor
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

The ECG app is just awesome! And given the state of smartphones, not all that surprising.
The portable glucose monitor is even better. That is something every diabetic should have.

As for the AMA or the pharma companies, this is great stuff, but there are a lot of diagnostic technologies out there with potential as well.

Solitary

Quote from: "Mermaid"what?

I DON'T KNOW WHY IT DIDN'T WORK, IT WORKED ON MY EMAIL. SORRY! Solitary

Solitary

Johan

Quote from: "Solitary"I'm not sure if this will fly with the power that the pharmaceutical companies and the AMA has.
So many people seem to view big pharma as this evil empire hell bent on keeping the population sick and therefore medicated. I won't deny for a second that big pharma will do almost anything it can to make big profits, the same as big oil and big tech and any other large industry. But one of the most profitable drugs ever developed requires no sick people and does nothing to make them well. Instead it just helps old guys get it up so they can get it on. Huge profits from that, no sick people required.

If this technology is viable and profitable, I would expect big pharma to embrace it rather than try to kill it. Of course lots of people think I'm dumb for thinking such things. Maybe they're right. Who knows.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful