Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheists Just Want to Sin

Started by kilodelta, October 17, 2013, 12:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

billhilly

Couldn't see your attachment through the filters at work but..  Atheists just want to sin?  I know I do.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Solitary

QuoteSin is a riddle, a mystery, a reality that eludes definition and comprehension. Perhaps we most often think of sin as wrongdoing or transgression of God's law.

And where does the transgressions of God's law come from? THE BUYBULL!  :roll: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

josephpalazzo

Atheists just want to sin, and theists are jealous that we can. :twisted:

kilodelta

Quote from: "billhilly"Couldn't see your attachment through the filters at work but..  Atheists just want to sin?  I know I do.

Watch it when you get home. It's a funny four minute video. I'm going to try and use it the next time someone states that we just want to sin... I've heard it dozens of times.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

billhilly

Just checked it out.  Thanks, it was indeed funny.  I still wanna sin though...

Johan

Isn't that the cartoon guy from the RockAuto commercials?

[youtube:3uo4ujjl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeiyZWGgoQ4[/youtube:3uo4ujjl]
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

mykcob4

Quote from: "kilodelta"This means you!

Writer posted a YouTube video
Their not serious are they? Lets take my neighborhood. I am the only atheist in it. I am considered the most moral person in my neighborhood. The drug dealers/users....christians. The adulterers...christians. The alcoholics...christians.
the fact is that all of the prisons and jails in the USA are filled with christians by an overwhelming number. The number one demographic of criminals in the world is christian.
Portraying atheist in the manner of the video is not only inaccurate but irresponsible!
The most immoral people I have ever met, ever read or heard about are all christian.
The fact is that atheist are most usually highly moral and law abiding.

AllPurposeAtheist

Mykcob, being atheist doesn't make you any more moral than the clowns who think they can be immoral, but forgiven by an invisible, self consuming, space alien, mind reading zombie after they die.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Considering many of the things I enjoy doing would be considered sins by many religions, the thread title is not entirely inaccurate in my case. Of course, "sin" is really just a fringe benefit of being an atheist. The primary reason for being an atheist is realizing that religion is a bad method of thinking, and to buy into it after realizing this fact would be fucking stupid.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

billhilly

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "kilodelta"This means you!

Writer posted a YouTube video
Their not serious are they? Lets take my neighborhood. I am the only atheist in it. I am considered the most moral person in my neighborhood. The drug dealers/users....christians. The adulterers...christians. The alcoholics...christians.
the fact is that all of the prisons and jails in the USA are filled with christians by an overwhelming number. The number one demographic of criminals in the world is christian.
Portraying atheist in the manner of the video is not only inaccurate but irresponsible!
The most immoral people I have ever met, ever read or heard about are all christian.
The fact is that atheist are most usually highly moral and law abiding.

Relax, it's satire.

SilentFutility

Quote from: "mykcob4"The number one demographic of criminals in the world is christian.
Source?

AllPurposeAtheist

We're all born in sin... Really? I was born in SAINT Elizebeth hospital. Perhaps the preacher was born in a whore house, I don't know, but I was born in a maternity ward.
Of course the attending physician was James A Bert, aka The LOVE doctor (google him) so maybe I really do just wanna sin. It's my birthright! :-D
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.