News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I need housekeeping tips

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, September 26, 2013, 11:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

OK, I'm a slob. That's off the table for discussion. Below is the view I have. I have this and a bed and a door. I have 2 feet from my bed to the desk and dresser and tomorrow morning I have to go get a free TV, a microwave and maybe a dinky fridge.
Where the fuck am I gonna put all this crap? AND I'm gonna have a hangover to boot! :shock:

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Lao Tou

If the TV isn't too heavy, then clean off enough of the desk to hold the microwave, and put the TV atop that. How dinky is the fridge? If it is one of those 3-foot high ones, you could put it atop the dresser.
Recovering Baptist

"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can\'t prove it, but you can\'t disprove it either."
Christopher Hitchens, in "God is Not Great"

AllPurposeAtheist

Ehh.. Im falling asleep so fuck it.. I'll dump it all in a drawer and worry about it in the next exciting episode of My Dinky Room at the Y.. Check your local listings! :-D

AllPurposeAtheist

Did I mention the shrink at the VA gave me a bottle of hydroxine to sleep today?  It's highly effective mixed with beer. It's a true miracle I'm able to type tonight! Praise Jesus! :prayer:

Hijiri Byakuren

Wow, that's slightly less messy than my desk. (The one without the computers, that is.)
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Plu

That's severely less messy than my desk. I can probably start taking tips from you.

Jason78

Here's a housekeeping top tip:

Freshen your place up by taking old food and used packaging and storing it in a big black garbage bag for collection on garbage day.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

_Xenu_

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

stromboli

Cardboard boxes can be converted into furniture with a little imagination.
http://cardboardisfree.blogspot.com/

Smartmarzipan

You need SHELVING. Shelving and some organizational boxes. You find that stuff pretty cheap at Wal-Mart, or where ever. If not shelving, then at least some of those plastic organiziner boxes. You can find them in all sizes, from small ones with little compartments for keeping (for me) bobby pins and nails polish and stuff, to large ones for other toiletries and things.

Also, looks like you have a guitar. Hang that up on the wall. And the boxes of your crap that won't fit in drawers can go under your bed. They make long, thin plastic storage bins with little wheels for going under people's beds.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

stromboli

Cardboard if free if you look for it, and can be made into any kind of furniture, including shelving.

http://www.treehugger.com/green-archite ... iture.html

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cardboa ... groceries/

http://inhabitat.com/tag/cardboard-furniture/

Corrugated cardboard stacked on end, so the corrugations run vertically, can support an enormous amount of weight. I've built shelves that hold books with it.

Use cheap duct tape and cheap Elmer's glue to build with. You can make anything your imagination can create, and there are-as shown above- numerous websites for ideas.

Solitary

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"You need SHELVING. Shelving and some organizational boxes. You find that stuff pretty cheap at Wal-Mart, or where ever. If not shelving, then at least some of those plastic organiziner boxes. You can find them in all sizes, from small ones with little compartments for keeping (for me) bobby pins and nails polish and stuff, to large ones for other toiletries and things.

Also, looks like you have a guitar. Hang that up on the wall. And the boxes of your crap that won't fit in drawers can go under your bed. They make long, thin plastic storage bins with little wheels for going under people's beds.

You beat me to it, great advice!  =D>  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

MrsSassyPants

Is there a trash can in your house?  lol
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU!

Jmpty

I have a tip for you. Clean that shit up!
???  ??

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "_Xenu_"Hey APA,

Did you get a place?
I did indeed and thanks. It's the YMCA, but I don't have an Indian chief costume or gay biker outfit or cop uniform, cowboy getup nor a construction worker outfit. And I can't play it on the guitar. Come to think of it neither did they..
Still it beats homelessness.. ;)
I'm doomed to slobbiness.. I got a TV and microwave and coffee pot.. I think it all fits on the head of a pin..