News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

ABBA comeback, bite me haters!

Started by Brian37, September 20, 2013, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "Brian37"Neil Young sucked donkey balls BTW.
I guess that explains why Young made it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for the second time 13 years before ABBA got in.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

GSOgymrat

I just discovered Agnetha Faltskog put out an album this year. There is a lot of disco being incorporated into music now but her album sounds retro in a way that is not ironic, which is kind of interesting.

AllPurposeAtheist

Brian, Brian, Brian... Neil Young is a rockn roll icon, ABBA is a disco era footnote at best and no amount of denial will change that fact.
I, unlike many here like brussel sprouts, but I don't make weekly posts espousing the unique delicious flavor of my favorite vegetable.
On second thought... BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROCK! ABBA sucks dead donkey dicks.. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Brian, Brian, Brian... Neil Young is a rockn roll icon, ABBA is a disco era footnote at best and no amount of denial will change that fact.
I, unlike many here like brussel sprouts, but I don't make weekly posts espousing the unique delicious flavor of my favorite vegetable.
On second thought... BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROCK! ABBA sucks dead donkey dicks.. :lol:

Bullshit, being given a stereotype does not make them disco. I'd suggest anyone who thinks that listen to all their songs on all 12 albums.

Neil Young sounds like someone put his nuts in a vice grip.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

aitm

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"
I guess that explains why Young made it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for the second time 13 years before ABBA got in.

I am afraid that doesn't cut a lot of weight. The RNRHoF choices of inductees is at best "a list of whoever gave them a recent blow job" and at worse, "whoever gave them a lousy blow-job".  I consider that whole HoF a fucking joke.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

The Skeletal Atheist

I wouldn't bite you. I don't want to chat whatever horrible disease causes one to obsess over ABBA.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Shiranu

Madonna is popular too, should I be impressed with her?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Brian37

Quote from: "Shiranu"Madonna is popular too, should I be impressed with her?

That's on you. Many people don't like her, many people do. So?
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"I wouldn't bite you. I don't want to cacth whatever horrible disease causes one to obsess over ABBA.

LOL, ok.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"

I am afraid that doesn't cut a lot of weight. The RNRHoF choices of inductees is at best "a list of whoever gave them a recent blow job" and at worse, "whoever gave them a lousy blow-job".  I consider that whole HoF a fucking joke.
So you are telling us you blew the wrong people and didn't get in?

AllPurposeAtheist

Suffice it to say we all have different tastes. Some much much MUCH better than Brian's. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"So you are telling us you blew the wrong people and didn't get in?

what I am saying is if you WANT in the hall of fame, you can probably get in without much talent....so there. :butthead:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Brian, by the nature of your posts, I've come to the conclusion you are a fully unblown masochist.

And I agree with Aitm.  A lot of top talent, like Stevie Ray Vaughn, has been snubbed by the R&RHOF
  http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ss ... e_snu.html

PopeyesPappy

Oh I agree. Stevie Ray should definitely have got in before ABBA.

_Xenu_

We don't care about ABBA. We're just mocking your obsession with them.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home