Weapons Grade Stupidity

Started by The Skeletal Atheist, September 19, 2013, 03:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

I put this in the Biology, Psychology & Medicine section because what you are about to see is so ignorant of biology and medicine that it will make your fucking brain explode:
Quote from: "Dan Hall"Scientists since the late 1800s, including Louis Pasteur, have all been part of a rather disorganized conspiracy to convince the public that the true cause of disease is pesky germs. Of course, there was no real conspiracy. Medical practitioners have also duped themselves into believing these deceptions just as much as they've duped us into believing their irrational propaganda. The germ theory of disease came on the heels of the Middle Ages when people believed that demons and evil spirits caused all diseases, so it wasn't that big of a transition to go from demons to microscopic bacteria. The belief in viruses came later, but they don't cause disease, either. Wait a minute! Am I saying that Ebola, HIV, and other viruses don't cause disease? Am I saying that anthrax, pneumonia, and other diseases are not caused by bacteria? The answer to both questions is a resounding yes! Viruses and bacteria cause disease about as much as trees cause the wind to blow. It might look like this is the case, and that's why scientists have duped themselves into believing such a fallacy, but in truth, health is caused by healthy living. I can't transmit my bad health any more than I can transmit my good health. It's easy to blame germs, but what we should be doing is blaming ourselves when we get sick. We're responsible, and that's something a lot of people just don't want to hear.

Yeah, I'm going to let you take a moment to scoop your brains off the floor before we go even deeper into this pit of absolute stupidity.

A couple of things I want you to understand before we proceed:
1. This is not a stand alone quote, it is part of a much larger essay that is apparently part of a book.
2. It gets much, much worse.
3. While I have not read the full essay, scrolling to any fucking part of it does not reveal any redeeming factors whatsoever. Every part, every single part of this essay is pure weapons grade stupid. Browse at your own risk.

A little back story: I found the quote while looking on FSTDT, which is a site I thoroughly enjoy because it spares me having to poke around the butthole of the internet to find hilarious/wtf quotes. That quote, and the accompanying essay, has to be the most fucktarded thing I have read in a long, long time.

This all being said, I think I should eschew any further commentary and let this gem of absolute fucktardery stand by yourself:
WARNING: IQ WILL HALVE UPON CLICKING THIS LINK
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Solitary

You correct if one believes any of that.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: This is some really dangerous advice to everyone that buys into it.  :Hangman:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

LikelyToBreak

I rejected the idea of the raw food diet when I first heard of it.  Some foods just have to be cooked to be edible, in my reasoning.  Then I glanced at the above site and I'm glad I rejected it.  On the good side, I now feel like an expert in nutrition and disease.  In fact, I'll grant myself a PHD in nutrition and public health.  

Oh no, The Skeletal Atheist was right.  I'm dummer tahn eye is B4.   #-o

Aroura33

I have seen posts on fb that indicate people believe that disease is only caused be unhealthy eating and living. I always wonder where those nuts got those ideas.

This kind of stupid should be punishable by law. Lifetime in prison with no access to media, so he cannot spread such deadly lies.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"I rejected the idea of the raw food diet when I first heard of it.  Some foods just have to be cooked to be edible, in my reasoning.  Then I glanced at the above site and I'm glad I rejected it.  On the good side, I now feel like an expert in nutrition and disease.  In fact, I'll grant myself a PHD in nutrition and public health.  

Oh no, The Skeletal Atheist was right.  I'm dummer tahn eye is B4.   #-o
After having to post that link, and thus looking at the site again, I can only count to potato. If my memory serves me correctly I use to be able to count to hahaha-bunnies, and I may have been able at one point to count all the toes on one of my feet.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

Well, at least he writes well. It's all bullshit, but bullshit well stated. Nothing's worse really than poorly worded bullshit.
Crap! What if it's true that you can't put it on the internet if it's not true?? :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

QuoteDo bacteria cause disease? Do viruses?

What if I told you that they didn't?
*laughs uproariously*

Hooboy, you're not kidding!   :popcorn:

QuoteDoes anthrax, Ebola, E. Coli, the Hanta virus, smallpox, influenza, the West Nile virus, or any other so-called deadly pathogen cause sickness or pose any deadly threat whatsoever?
Actually, deadly pathogens would tend to be deadly...

QuoteBoth ideas were even questioned and opposed at their inception, but dissention fell on deaf ears.
Literally any idea goes through that phase.

QuoteIn case you're wondering, I am not a medical doctor, nor do I insult myself by claiming to be one.
#-o

QuoteWe go through life fearing bacteria and viruses-things we cannot see-
*coughmicroscopescough*  *coughpetridishescough*

QuoteThe horrific swine flu pandemic of 1920 that killed almost 20 million people worldwide actually coincided with a mass-immunization campaign.
Gee, I wonder why a mass-immunization campaign would occur alongside a pandemic.

QuoteMany diseases that were said to disappear due to vaccinations were actually reclassified and never truly declined. Smallpox was said to be eradicated, but the symptoms for many other childhood illnesses (chicken pox, measles, and mumps to name a few) are almost identical to those of smallpox, which suggests medical reclassification-changing the name of one disease to another in order to say that the one disease was wiped out by a vaccine while another disease arose. Pretty clever, huh? The blunt truth is that no vaccine has ever eradicated any disease.
And smallpox?  Polio?

QuoteIf germs cause disease, then what's the point? Let's just go ahead and drink, smoke, use drugs, eat foods we shouldn't eat, and-for all intents and purposes-destroy our bodies from the inside out. After all, we're going to die anyway. Right? Right?

Jason78

I'm guessing the microscope manufacturers are all in on this too?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

And in other news, we don't actually need air to survive. That is a conspiracy brought about by the oxygen lobby.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

Looked up Dan Hall. He is either:

A. Dan Hall, Pastor, Southern Baptist Union or

B. Dan Hall, Pastor, elected to congress in Minnesota and anti gay.

C. Choose one

D. Projectile vomit until exhausted.

Colanth

Well, in either case he's a man of God, so he should know all about everything.

Lessee.  Cooking meat allows us to draw more nutrients out of it.  (Unless "nutrients" are just some phony thing invented by nutritionists.)

Smallpox is the same as chicken pox and measles?  Well, they both look similar to smallpox, so they must be the same disease. (Mumps?  How is mumps even remotely related to smallpox, chicken pox or measles?  Oh, right, because we get them as kids, so they're all the same "kid disease".)

I have no argument with these folks.  They keep the Darwin Award people busy.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Plu

I wonder how this guy would feel about an experiment where he gets access to any kind of food and exercise he wants, but we inject him with malaria and deny him access to medicine.

I mean; we'd win either way.

Colanth

Something tells me that he's just another snake oil salesman, and doesn't believe a word of the crap he peddles.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.