surly74

LOL SF.

nothing good can come of this thread.
God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

Johan

Quote from: "SilentFutility"
Quote from: "Johan"The only time you see a man in a vacuum cleaner ad is when its that dude from Dyson talking about how awesome he is for being German and designing such an great product. But when they show the Dyson vacuum being used? Yeah, that would be a women using it. If I could change that, I would. But Germans tend to be douchebags about that sort of thing I really don't want to start carpet bombing Berlin again over it. Ok that's a joke and probably a bad one, but I think I've made my point.
Especially given that James Dyson was a British Designer and Inventor.
Doh! I knew I should have done some research. But I'm guy and I'm American so you probably should expect that sort of thing from me.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

SilentFutility

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "SilentFutility"
Quote from: "Johan"The only time you see a man in a vacuum cleaner ad is when its that dude from Dyson talking about how awesome he is for being German and designing such an great product. But when they show the Dyson vacuum being used? Yeah, that would be a women using it. If I could change that, I would. But Germans tend to be douchebags about that sort of thing I really don't want to start carpet bombing Berlin again over it. Ok that's a joke and probably a bad one, but I think I've made my point.
Especially given that James Dyson was a British Designer and Inventor.
Doh! I knew I should have done some research. But I'm guy and I'm American so you probably should expect that sort of thing from me.
:rollin: Berlin was also, for most of the war, right on the limit of the range of allied bombers, and although it was targeted for area bombing, West German cities got it a lot worse, especially given that the cities in the NRW and Ruhr regions were the most heavily industrialised as well as being far closer, so they were prime targets. Some were quite literally almost totally destroyed.

But yeah, Dyson has also come up with a fair few other nifty inventions lately.