You Can't Lose If You're A Christian And Pray

Started by Solitary, August 17, 2013, 05:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Tim Tebow does it again in second preseason game

Let's get this out of the way. I'm not getting any joy out of pointing this out. I don't know Tim Tebow and from everything I've seen, he's a really great guy. That being said, here goes.

Tebow entered during the second half of the Patriots' preseason game against the Bucs. He did this:
Let's get this out of the way. I'm not getting any joy out of pointing this out. I don't know Tim Tebow and from everything I've seen, he's a really great guy. That being said, here goes.

Tebow entered during the second half of the Patriots' preseason game against the Bucs. He did this:

Then he threw an interception.

"It was definitely something I shouldn't have thrown," Tebow said to the Associated Press. "You want to do your best and play to the best of your ability and have it all go right, and sometimes it doesn't. You just have to keep going."

His final stat line? Brace yourself: 1 for 7 passing for -1 yards. His QB rating: 0.0. What's that?

Now before you crucify us for showing these flubs, take a look at what other people are saying.

I just...I don't have any words to describe what Tim Tebow must be thinking before he throws the ball. Does he think? I don't know...

He is a quality man who has achieved levels few others have. Give the man credit for losing with dignity and class. You are not going to see Tebow in front of a Judge begging for a second Chance. He is never going to be fighting a court battle over child support for a child that was made out of wedlock. He will never embarrass his teammates or his family off the field. Maybe he won't make in pro football but he will make it a pro in life. Good man, Tim God Bless. There is always a reason for what happens. There will be something right around the corner for you, bigger than being a broken qb in 3-5 years.

Blah, Blah, Blah. Tell me again what he has accomplished? I'm not impressed.

Brenton Lorang · Washington State University
Hey Dan; do you kiss your mother/wife/children with that mouth of yours? On second thought, I pray to God almighty that you have none of the above to speak to like that. Wildly inappropriate. Community, please join with mean in having this a$$clown removed

Dion Taylor · Motor Vehicle Operatror at Department of Defense- Child and Youth Services
I think a lot of you are getting off the mark. No one is doubting that Tim Tebow is a good guy. I even respect him for being a Christian and standing up for his faith (although I think it went to far with all the "Tebowing". He was not the first guy to praise God in a game.) But he is just not a very good quarterback. My cousin is a die hard Broncos fan and he always says that he wishes they still had Tebow instead of Manning. I'm a die hard Chiefs fan and I tell him, "I do, too."

Steve Yunker · Top Commenter · Works at Full Compass Systems
L.d. Stevens - another media attempt at mocking Christians? Most of the United States is Christian. How are we turning a millionaire kid into a victim? It doesn't add up - unless you watch Fox News... Fox News is just like the cults: everyone else is lying - but them of course... lol

Geist Azkold · Grand Rapids, Michigan
Steve Yunker LD is probably one of those people that believe there is a war on christmas too. As you drive down the street in winter and every light post has decorations on it, every store-front screams christmas, but yes, christians are being persecuted in the U.S.A. and there is a war on baby jesus' birthday. Suuuure.

Craig Daniels · Chandler, Arizona
Hell I am a Tebow fan and I think he needs to move on to another position like TE or even TB or just move off the field. Love the guy but you have to look at the obvious, I am not even sure he will be on a team this year or ever.

Claymond Short · Top Commenter
i would use him as a fb or te hes strong and kind of quick he will never be a qb in the nfl that's just so clear even when he was in Denver and just because he be-leaves in god so what i bet i could find a lot of players that be-leave as well he needs to switch now if he whats to play it has to be him telling the coach

He manipulated many Christians so that if he does a lousy job in football he can say well it was god's will because god really wants him to preach. Poor kid has been manipulated by pastors and family members for years to be their poster boy, so they could capitalize on it. I hope he really does well this season and turns around and gives the hypocritical money hungry Christians the almighty finger!

Jack McDavid · Top Commenter
That's right. Whenever Christians really stand for something it must be because they are imbecilic clods who are "manipulated." Oh wait, I see where you have DOING the manipulation AND being manipulated. Sounds like you should ask yourself who you were manipulated by in college when they filling your head with that stuff. heard all that God-hating before and you can still can't explain how you got here, why you are here or what happens when you die (or, for that matter, why any of us die).

Marcus Welby · Top Commenter
Jack McDavid , I live next to a retired preacher and his wife. They are some of the most judgemental and hateful people I have ever met. They think if you're not a Christian, you're a piece of shit. So please spare us all about how Christians don't show extreme bias against those that don't follow along like the sheep they are.

At least science is putting up evidence and theories. What has religion done to prove the existence of any God? A burning bush that was struck by lightening isn't proof of your God.

:rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:   :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Tebow again? Seriously, he needs to just go away and die.

Colanth

So some of them think that because Tebow isn't a 100% complete asshole, he's something special?  I'll never be sued for child support, or father a child "out of wedlock" (not that there's anything wrong with a couple spending their lives together without a marriage license).  I'll never be in front of a judge on a criminal charge.  I'll never embarrass my family (I don't have teammates to embarrass).

And I'm not even a Christian!  That must make me a better person than Tebow is, no?  Or it must mean that people who think Tebow is special because he isn't terrible are idiots.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Solitary

Colanth, you are something special, like everyone else is in some way.  8-)  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

LOL.  Perhaps "better than others" would have better expressed my thought than "special".
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

AllPurposeAtheist

You're just blessed.. now I'm.specially edumacated.. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Smartmarzipan

I get tired of people saying he's "so brave" for being an out-spoken Christian. Yeah, out-spoken Christians have it rough in today's society, don't they? They are occasionally called out for being too preachy, sometimes! THE HORROR!!
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

ApostateLois

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"I get tired of people saying he's "so brave" for being an out-spoken Christian. Yeah, out-spoken Christians have it rough in today's society, don't they? They are occasionally called out for being too preachy, sometimes! THE HORROR!!

Calling someone brave for being a Christian in  America is like saying someone is brave for being a Muslim in Afghanistan.   :-?
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Triple Nine

Quote from: "ApostateLois"
Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"I get tired of people saying he's "so brave" for being an out-spoken Christian. Yeah, out-spoken Christians have it rough in today's society, don't they? They are occasionally called out for being too preachy, sometimes! THE HORROR!!

Calling someone brave for being a Christian in  America is like saying someone is brave for being a Muslim in Afghanistan.   :-?

Or blonde haired blue eyed white German male in Nazi Germany. Or a Shinto believer in Japan. Or Chinese in China. You get the point.
Playing: Skullgirls
On hold: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Pokemon X & Y (3DS)
Whenever I get my GODDAMNED 3DS back  \":evil:\"
Religion, Nationalism, and Racism is all under the evil wing of Conservatism and preservation of useless traditions!

WitchSabrina

He has to survive till the cut on Saturday - then maybe he'll have to just go ahead and be a preacher - in a church where prayer, etc belongs.
He's not been brave praying on the football field.  He's a show-off.

just sayin...
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.