News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Does your dog really like you?

Started by WitchSabrina, August 01, 2013, 09:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

SGOS

I believe dogs can not only like you, but love you intensely, maybe much more than we can imagine.  Not all dogs are the same.  Some dogs act like they don't care about you at all.  It's who they are.  Their relationships seem to rely mostly on emotions since their language and reasoning are limited.  I think their emotions may be heightened because of that.  Or at least their emotions have not been dulled as much as they are in humans.

When I would come home from work in my car, I would meet my dog running down the driveway to greet me with joy and happiness.  He would be practically beside himself with happy exuberance waiting for me to get out of the car.

Was that not love?  I don't care.  It was wonderful and he always made me happy, even on the worst of days at work.

Hydra009

Like humans, dogs have certain gestures that they use to communicate their emotional state.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_communication

It stands to reason that dogs experience (and convey) affection no less than humans.

Jmpty

Our cats like me. Because I feed them.
???  ??

PopeyesPappy

Yesterday was Pops' 13 birthday. 91 in dog years and for a greyhound that's probably about right. I called his mama, and she put me on the speaker so I could talk to him. She said he was happy to hear my voice.  :wink:
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Fidel_Castronaut

As reported by the daily mail.

Brown dogs have bombs strapped to their under bellies, whilst black dogs like watermelon and fried Chicken.

And Christian dogs are way happier than atheist dogs.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

aitm

when I roll out of bed and stumble into the living room on the way to the coffee maker this one  [spoil:cqddr77d][/spoil:cqddr77d]

stretches out across the leather couch and her stubby tail is shakin and she rolls on her back and undulates like a frickin worm...naturally I have no choice but to go give her some lovin.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jesus

It's not just dogs. Any animal can offer a level of affection similar to that of a dog (not to say you should adopt a lion or crocodile), but there have been cases where the two I just mentioned showed their caretakers immense care.

Lion: Was nurtured back to health by a woman and then taken to a zoo. When the lion saw the woman, it stood on its hindlegs and wrapped its arms around her from the inside of the cage.

Crocodile: The caretaker swims and plays with the crocodile, puts his head into the crocodile's jaw, and sleeps with him.
I like to appear in various forms, but my favorite is as a toast.