News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I'm away for a week

Started by Plu, July 30, 2013, 12:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

Just so you know, I haven't been eaten by a grue or anything, I'm just going to be off for a week of volunteering at a major fantasy-themed festival  8-)

Ciao ciao!

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Plu"Just so you know, I haven't been eaten by a grue or anything, I'm just going to be off for a week of volunteering at a major fantasy-themed festival  8-)

Ciao ciao!

I hope you have fun!  (and I secretly hope it's a Ren Faire you're visiting lol).   I have 2 more weeks before Ren Faire here starts and runs till end of Oct.   Can't wait.   It's the highlight of my year - every year.

enjoy yourself  =D>  

(and I'll miss you)
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

aitm

:-k

I think it's time for that major S&M festival down in Texas somewhere....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

_Xenu_

Im also leaving today for a week. Heading to CO. May have wi-fi there.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "_Xenu_"Im also leaving today for a week. Heading to CO. May have wi-fi there.

Please tell Colorado hello for me.  I miss Colorado.

Plu

I'm back, by the way  8-)

Properly wrecked, but had a great time. I love my logistics-colleagues. And the stand-keepers. And the visitors. And, well, everything about the whole experience really.

And now I must return to the regular world again for a while :(

--
EDIT: Also, due to the corrupting influences on this board I noticed for the first time how much woo is peddled on these fairs and how many people actually seem to believe in it. You bunch of atheists corrupt everything  :roll: But it was kinda funny to hear people talk about healing crystals and fortune telling and stuff.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Plu"I'm back, by the way  8-)

Properly wrecked, but had a great time. I love my logistics-colleagues. And the stand-keepers. And the visitors. And, well, everything about the whole experience really.

And now I must return to the regular world again for a while :(

--
EDIT: Also, due to the corrupting influences on this board I noticed for the first time how much woo is peddled on these fairs and how many people actually seem to believe in it. You bunch of atheists corrupt everything  :roll: But it was kinda funny to hear people talk about healing crystals and fortune telling and stuff.

Yep Yep   Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :wink:

Solitary

:-k  Yeah, OK I guess.  [-(  Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Plu"Just so you know, I haven't been eaten by a grue or anything, I'm just going to be off for a week of volunteering at a major fantasy-themed festival  8-)

Ciao ciao!
It isn't Old Seer's fanasy is it, because that is all in his head!

AllPurposeAtheist

To bad you didn't drop by here today. We have a guy who chants LATIN verses out of his big old book that looks like he ought to be able to at least make it so there are dozens of pretty, young virgins standing by somewhere.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Colanth

Quote from: "Plu"But it was kinda funny to hear people talk about healing crystals and fortune telling and stuff.
Healing crystals actually work.
[spoil:ht34e4nt]They "heal" the empty space in the seller's wallet.[/spoil:ht34e4nt]
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Plu

I suppose they also power the placebo effect for those that believe in them. I contemplated for a moment to chat with this very cute fellow volunteer about them, but I figured it wouldn't really help anything, so I just let it go.