News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Xbox One VS PS4 (discuss)

Started by ZachyFTW, July 28, 2013, 12:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachyFTW

Well I'm a huge gaming nerd and love to discuss the next gen of gaming. I've rolled with an Xbox 360 the last 3 years and I believe the 360 is WAY better than the PS3. I've had both and the 360 gives you more of an online experience. This may be a small thing to some but the Xbox controller is another huge reason I prefer the 360. The playstation controller just never felt right. Another thing is the communication aspect of xbox live. While playing PS3 you can't talk to someone who is not in your online party. Xbox Live Parties are the single greatest reason I prefer it. I can interact with people all over the world and not have to leave the dashboard if I don't want to. Bottom line for me is Xbox 360 > PS3.

As for the next gen I'm probably going to surprise people when I say I'm getting a PS4. I would love to be a microsoft fanboy but they made it too hard for me. For those of you who don't keep up with gaming they had the worst E3 (reveal conference) in the history of, well, EVER. They revealed that the Xbox One would be $100 more than the PS4. You wouldn't be able to play used games pretty much. You would have to connect to an internet source every 24 hours or the system wouldn't function anymore. Also the kinect, which comes with it, would always have to connected. Needless to say I have a few problems with all that. First off $500 is too pricey for me. Next, I live and breath off getting deals on used games on Amazon, Craigslist, Gamestop, etc... What happens if my internet goes out for a couple days? I don;t get to play on my $500 system because I'm not connected to internet. Bullshit. Then on top of all that this camera has to watch me 24/7. I don't want that thing watching me fap. Hell no. Microsoft was actually smart enough to change most of it besides the Always on Kinect and the price but the damage had already been done. I'm getting a PS4 because they made me feel like they cared and weren't just money hungry. Also it is cheaper and won't watch me fap :-D

Please tell me your opinions on the next gen and currect gen
"If you wake up tomorrow morning and say a few Latin words over your pancakes thinking that they will turn into Elvis Presley, then you have lost your mind. Do the same with a cracker and Jesus, then you\'re just a Catholic."- Sam Harris

Plu

Jason78

Quote from: "ZachyFTW"Well I'm a huge gaming nerd and love to discuss the next gen of gaming.

It ain't happening on either the Xbox or the PS4.  The PC is at the forefront of gaming, and always will be.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

ZachyFTW

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "ZachyFTW"Well I'm a huge gaming nerd and love to discuss the next gen of gaming.

It ain't happening on either the Xbox or the PS4.  The PC is at the forefront of gaming, and always will be.

I disagree. I enjoy older games on the PC but as for the new titles I don't. I play Opposing Force but every other PC game I've tried I haven't really liked the feel. I bought MW3 off steam and played it for a couple of days but it lags too hard. Hackers with aimbots and wallhacks have taken it over so I stick to playing it on my xbox. If they kept up the gaming experience on the titles I enjoy playing I could see myself playing PC but unfortunately they don't do that.
"If you wake up tomorrow morning and say a few Latin words over your pancakes thinking that they will turn into Elvis Presley, then you have lost your mind. Do the same with a cracker and Jesus, then you\'re just a Catholic."- Sam Harris

Plu

MW3 is a console title that was ported to the PC. Obviously it doesn't work as well on the PC as on the consoles.

(Even though PC players will kick console player's arse due to the ar more powerful mouse/keyboard controls, but that's another issue)

You shouldn't play ported games on the PC. It's always a waste because all the extra power of the PC is going to waste and the only thing you're getting back is crappy controls and porting bugs.

Jmpty

I have only one thing to say. HALO. That is all.
???  ??

bericks999

Game developers, on the whole, have dedicated an enormous amount of resources towards console game development.  That alone, and Halo, gives one a reason to purchase a console.  This is not to say that PC's can't be and aren't more powerful (I.e., faster/more memory, faster/wider bus, faster/deeper processor/core, faster storage, etc,etc) however, the sheer number of developers allocated to console based game projects override these advantages when it comes to game selection, depth and quality.  

Of course that's not to say that there aren't teams of developers pumping out PC  based games but those taking advantage of  the cutting edge hardware available for higher end machines, and not simply porting console titles, are miniscule at best.  Software development companies and publishers generally follow the age old rule of "follow the money....".  Understanding the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) allows you to grasp the nuances associated with programming games so close to the technological curve (bleeding edge) and the inherent risks that lie therein.
... I swear, one day religion is going to physically poison me to death.

ZachyFTW

Quote from: "Plu"MW3 is a console title that was ported to the PC. Obviously it doesn't work as well on the PC as on the consoles.

(Even though PC players will kick console player's arse due to the ar more powerful mouse/keyboard controls, but that's another issue)

You shouldn't play ported games on the PC. It's always a waste because all the extra power of the PC is going to waste and the only thing you're getting back is crappy controls and porting bugs.

If PC doesn't work well with my favorite titles what is the point then? Modern Warfare 3 is my favorite game ever (followed by Halflife: Opposing Force on PC). If I cannot get a good version of my favorite game then there is no reason for me to play on said console. Hopefully they will have a downloadable option for mw3 when the PS4 comes out or I'll have to bite the bullet and continue to have an Xbox and pay for XBL. PC rules for MMOs but that's really all I like about it.

Plu

If your favorite game is MW3, there's no reason for you to get a PC, obviously.

(Well, other than the internet, probably :P I guess you still have one anyway for all of the other stuff it does.)

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

the_antithesis

I have no interest in either system. But then, I stopped buying new game systems before the Super Nintendo came out, not counting handhelds.

I took a peek around the Origin website, and I saw mostly military shooters and sports sims. Two things I have zero interest. This is the sort of thing that appears to be mainstream gaming and if I were to be young enough to be just starting to get into gaming today, I never would. This is the sort of thing that the Xbone and PS4 have been designed to offer with little thought to anything else. I don't like these things. So I won't be getting them.

BabaBooey

If we're limiting ourselves to these two options, PS4. Microsoft is trying to push as far as they can to limit people's ability to play. They wanted to register one disc to one console, make some complicated system of sharing a game with friends, make a product that was only available to people who have Internet access (you still need to connect to the Internet at least once before using the new Xbox), and the specs are slightly less good.

This says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYUGtI6guY

the_antithesis

I think I'd rather get an Ouya and an Ouya can be easily replicated with an Android tablet and a bluetooth controller.

Heck, I'd rather get this:

Handheld game system with two motion controls. Goddamn, I love the Chinese.

Triple Nine

Im a Nintendo fan who will get a PC to compliment Nintendo, so yeah, that. By the way I hate Xbox, A LOT.

As for the Wii U, its not selling because Nintendo is stupid and didn't advertise for it. Some games are going to start coming like Bayonetta 2 and stuff this holiday season FINALLY so I just get it for Christmas. I am mainly a 3DS gamer as see  by my sig.
Playing: Skullgirls
On hold: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Pokemon X & Y (3DS)
Whenever I get my GODDAMNED 3DS back  \":evil:\"
Religion, Nationalism, and Racism is all under the evil wing of Conservatism and preservation of useless traditions!

Shiranu

PS4, obviously. Japanese vs American product? Come on...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur