News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hey there everyone!

Started by whitefox, July 16, 2013, 06:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitefox

I'm Michelle, 28 yo from an Eastern Europe country. Became an atheist after spending a few of my teenage years believing in astrology and other similar things. I got to know that world well enough to know what I reject. I am passionate about astronomy for a few years now and I am becoming increasingly passionate about many areas of science. The field of work that I have chosen for my life is psychology, and I am currently still studying. I am a very curious person and I am interested in almost anything. I currently work for an american company in a field of work completely unrelated to what I wish to do in the future, but one has to make a living. I'm anxious to meet and exchange ideas with the open minded people that I expect to find here, which are not that easy to find in my home country.

mykcob4

Quote from: "whitefox"I'm Michelle, 28 yo from an Eastern Europe country. Became an atheist after spending a few of my teenage years believing in astrology and other similar things. I got to know that world well enough to know what I reject. I am passionate about astronomy for a few years now and I am becoming increasingly passionate about many areas of science. The field of work that I have chosen for my life is psychology, and I am currently still studying. I am a very curious person and I am interested in almost anything. I currently work for an american company in a field of work completely unrelated to what I wish to do in the future, but one has to make a living. I'm anxious to meet and exchange ideas with the open minded people that I expect to find here, which are not that easy to find in my home country.
Hi and welcome. Glad you said astrnomy and not astrology. As for open minds, you might find that your nation might have more than you think. I live in Texas USA where open mindedness is an endangered specieces.

stromboli

Welcome. Always glad for people from other countries- different opinions and voices.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Brian37

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

whitefox

Quote from: "mykcob4"As for open minds, you might find that your nation might have more than you think. I live in Texas USA where open mindedness is an endangered specieces.

I've heard stories about Texas and they are in line with your words. I guess I can't really compare; I know what it's like here, but I don't have any first hand experience of the life there. What I do know is that in my country people are rather traditional and at the last census, the percent of atheists was something like 0.1. Also, I do not know even one person that was not baptized as a child. We all were, even those born in non religious families, because I guess religion took over all rites of passage. Only now are young people starting to realize that you can skip baptizing a child and you can skip the church part of a marriage and so on.

whitefox

Quote from: "stromboli"Welcome. Always glad for people from other countries- different opinions and voices.

Thank you, I'm also glad to meet a culture different than my own.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Plu

It's sometimes hard to get rid of the traditions, but they'll die out eventually. Welcome to the forums!

whitefox

Quote from: "aitm"yer not a commie are you?

Funny you should mention that, I am from one of those countries in the ex communist block.

Solitary

Welcome aboard whitefox! I thought you were going to be a Native American with your name. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

whitefox

Quote from: "Solitary"Welcome aboard whitefox! I thought you were going to be a Native American with your name. Solitary

The real name is Mihaela, which is equivalent for Michelle (kind of like Johan is the german equivalent for John).

aitm

Quote from: "whitefox"which is equivalent for Michelle

wha.....wai......Michelle?

[spoil:3dqdifl1][/spoil:3dqdifl1]

Eric1958

Greetings from the far north. I almost hope you are a communist, I'm from a very red (republican, independent, libertarian) state and feel the need to interact with some more liberal types.

Youssuf Ramadan

Greetings from Cornwall, England, where men are men and sheep are nervous!  8-)