News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Pope John Paul II to be sainted

Started by caseagainstfaith, July 05, 2013, 08:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseagainstfaith

Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Solitary

:)  Thanks for the info! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

DunkleSeele

Finally pedophiles will also have their patron saint .

leo

Pope John Paul a saint because some magic tricks ? Very funny .
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

St Giordano Bruno

QuoteSister Marie-Simon-Pierre, a nun whose order prayed to the pope after he died, said she was cured of the disease, an ailment that also afflicted John Paul.

The second miracle reportedly occurred in Costa Rica, where a woman said she recovered from a severe brain injury thanks to the intervention of John Paul, sources told CNN Vatican analyst John Allen.
Well what can I say, another dead catholic canonized for two more instances of medical quakery
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Johan

QuotePatrick Kelly, executive director of the Blessed John Paul II Shrine in Washington, explained the church's process for investigating reported miracles.
"A team of doctors first examine the miracle. Secondly, the team of theologians look at the miracles, and then they discuss amongst themselves the legitimacy and all the facts surrounding the miracles," he said.
Theologians discussing the legitimacy of facts. Hilarious. What's next? Nigerians discussing the legitimacy of the email they send to everyone?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "St Giordano Bruno"
QuoteSister Marie-Simon-Pierre, a nun whose order prayed to the pope after he died, said she was cured of the disease, an ailment that also afflicted John Paul.

The second miracle reportedly occurred in Costa Rica, where a woman said she recovered from a severe brain injury thanks to the intervention of John Paul, sources told CNN Vatican analyst John Allen.
Well what can I say, another dead catholic canonized for two more instances of medical quakery
You can't be cured of Parkinson. I know it far too well.

Hydra009

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"Well, he's got him two gen-u-ine miracles, so he must be a mutha fuckin saint!  =D>
I love the two miracle rule.

First miracle:  Eh, might be bullshit.
Second miracle:  Well that settles it!

:rolleyes:

Minimalist

One of JPs "miracles" was that lots of altar boys suddenly had huge assholes under his reign.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

The Skeletal Atheist

In my eyes he should be the saint of birth control.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

Well, we got saints for drunken sailors and prostitutes. Now we got one for pedophiles. Oh happy day.

St Giordano Bruno

Come to think of wound't that be a form of idolatry; that practice of praying to dead people as a substitute for their God to enact a miracle? Little wonder most Christian religions have given up that shit in the Middle Ages. We atheists just gave up on one more piece of shit, God
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

EntirelyOfThisWorld

I heard a wonk on NPR mentions that the waiving of one miracle for John XXIII might be politically motivated.

Really?  Ya think?  These guys will go out of their way to discredit Tent Revival faith healing, but when one of their own political elites does it, it's a miracle. :roll:
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

gussy

I really don't get it.  How can some popes perform miracles after they die and others can't?  If he can cure one woman's Parkinson's then why can't he do it for everyone?  Does it have to be a fatal illness that is cured to be considered a miracle or would curing something like a foot fungus count?

leo

Quote from: "gussy"I really don't get it.  How can some popes perform miracles after they die and others can't?  If he can cure one woman's Parkinson's then why can't he do it for everyone?  Does it have to be a fatal illness that is cured to be considered a miracle or would curing something like a foot fungus count?
It's all bullshit . The catholic church priests are experts in bullshit.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .