News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello new to this forum

Started by LikelyToBreak, July 04, 2013, 02:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LikelyToBreak

Hello, I'm new to this forum.  I don't love you all.  In fact, I'm a misanthropist.  Don't worry, you can be an atheist and a misanthropist.  But, I don't hate God.  And the hole in my heart was put there by Christians for their own purposes.  

Anyway, I'm told I'm a Aho.  Which really doesn't bother me.  But, I'm not a bastard.  My parents got married a whole week before I was born.  My older brother though, well we can't all be born legit.  

I guess I'm an atheist.  Been one off an on for about forty years.  Raised to be a Christian, I read their holy book and found it wanting when I was 19.  I gave up on revealed religion then.  I was a Deist for awhile, but my gaps got closed and I couldn't get them open again.  Still, I generally like the Deists.  At least they don't tell me I'm going to hell.  

Been lurking around for a bit.  Decided I might as will break in.  I do try to keep an open mind about everything.  Except for Islam.  Even I don't hate people that much.  Now that I think about it, I don't hate people as much as the Christians do.  But, I still don't like them.

So I'm here.  And I'll probably live up to my name.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Solitary

Welcome aboard LikelyToBreak! I too am a misanthrope, but only don't trust most people, and hate is too strong a word, so I don't like people.  :-$   8-)  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Youssuf Ramadan

AllPurposeAtheist

Welcm and uhhh................man, good weed..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Plu

Welcome aboard :) I see you've been reading someone else's introduction thread :P

the_antithesis

aitm

just what we need, another hard headed ass-hole.....makes 6 of us! Welcome to our club brother.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

Gorilla Tape. You'll thank me later.

bada94

One shouldn\'t believe everything one reads on the internet. - Abraham Lincoln

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species. - Christopher Hitchens

PickelledEggs

LikelyToBreak

Thanks for the welcomes.  A aho is a lazy person who can't be bothered to type ever...
Gorilla Tape is Great!  I like Chicago, sort of.  Not the city, just the band.  :-|