News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The latest for Mike Cl....................

Started by Mike Cl, February 05, 2024, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

There are times when the shit hits the fan and when The-Shit-Hits-The-Fan. And in spades!!
Dec. 1 my wife went to the hospital with pneumonia and heart A-fib.  Then, after 2 wks, was moved to a rehab facility.  She is still not fully mobile but working on it.  Toward the end of Dec. I contracted pneumonia (I did not realize that yet) and started feeling more dizzy and weaker and more confused.  Understand I also will always have MDS (myelodisplasia syndrome) a cancer that affects the bone marrow.  I took an overdose of long acting insulin by mistake.  My brother-in-law found me passed out in my lazy-boy and called 911.  Spent 11 hrs in emergency trying to get my bloodsugar stable--it was down to 15 when I was admitted.  Then transferred to icu.  Stayed there for 2 days and then a regular room for 3 more days.  That is just the tip of the iceberg--had a fraudulent charge on my atm card--and whatever other shit that was in store.

A week later my brother-in-law found me in my lazy boy again and called 911 once again.  That time the EMT's could not find any reading for my blood sugar, so back to emergency.  another 10 hrs and 3 more days in icu.  I was even crashing there for a day.  On the 3rd day I got a transfusion and felt quite a bit better.  In neither case the doctors could not figure out what the fuck was going on!  They told me to stop my long acting insulin.  Happy to throw that stuff away.  Neither my regular dr. nor my oncologist can shed more light on my problems.  I guess I'm just special!! and a puzzle. 

It looks likely by a month from now both my wife and I will be in an assisted living facility in a nearby city.  I am now very tired, short of breath, weak, and find it hard to walk more than 10 min. at a time.  So, within 3 months we both got sick, will have to give away our stuff and sell the house.  Oh yeah, a couple of weeks ago had to take by beloved 13 yr. old Sheppard to be put down.  So, for now, I will check in every so often as my energy (what energy???) level will allow.  Just relish each day you guys have your health and cherish each day that does not kill you.  I've been (twice) as close to death as one can and still be alive.  but I still am thankful to wake up each day and walk as far as I can. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Damn Mike, I don't like hearing that any more than you like going through it. I'm really sorry to hear that you and your wife are having such problems with your health. And I'm sorry to hear about your dog, as well. I know what those assisted living facilities are like and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but especially you and your wife. You've been one of my favorite people on this forum and I hope you can get better, and your wife, too. 👍
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

There is very little one can say to that except I'm hoping it goes better for you and you both get some health back soon.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Dark Lightning

That's pretty sucky! There is a facility near me that was great for my mother in law, but they are currently full. They can only take about six people, as it is in a converted house. I hope you can find a place like that.

Cassia

Awe sorry to hear all that, Mike. I was a-wonderin. Good advice about cherishing each day that is not your last! Things tend to come in waves, so maybe there is healthy wave headed both your ways!

Hijiri Byakuren

Fuck, man. Hopefully this is the end of bad things for awhile.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mr.Obvious

Goddamn Mike. I am so sorry to read all that.
I admire your strength. And i wish you much more of it.
Don't exert yourself.
We'll be right here if you feel like it.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Well, Unbeliever I have admired you from the time you've joined us.  I have never lived in an assisted living situation, but I've seen some of my relatives have.  We have one lined up for my wife, brother-in-law and me.  It will cost us almost all of my income to live there.  I have not see it except in pictures.  It will be a 700 sq ft. apt.; we will have all utilities paid, 3 meals, room for most of what I want materialistic wise, and more.  My brother-in-law will be able to rent an apt. on the same site, so he can keep our (and his) two dogs so we can see them daily if we want.  I welcome this in that it will be so much easier for us to exist with drs. close.  This is not a nursing home/rehab spot, even tho we will do daily rehab.  I am growing stronger (by inches) daily.  But right now, chaos reigns in our lives right now--but that, too, shall pass.  For a guy that the emergency nurses said I should have been dead, twice, I'm doing pretty well.  And thanks all for your support!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Dog bless you Mike! I really hope things go well for you. 🐕
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS