Did anyone else get threatened with getting coal for X-mas?

Started by Nopejustnotinterested, January 01, 2024, 06:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nopejustnotinterested

Every year as a kid, my mom would threaten me that Santa would pass by my house and drop coal in my stocking whenever she sees me "acting out", you know, normal child behavior.

Which is funny because when mom use these threats, she leaves me begging for her not to punish me and that I'll be "good". Then soon she changes her mind and never follows through.

I am absolutely shocked that parents actually give their kids coal for X-mas and some even thinking this is a good tactic as it "will get the children to think about what they've done and improve their behavior to obeying authority". Uh no, that is called emotional trauma.

'Nuff said.

Unbeliever

I think it used to be that children actually wanted coal in their stocking, since it meant they'd get some extra warmth in the coldest months. 🤓
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

the_antithesis

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 01, 2024, 11:14:06 AMI think it used to be that children actually wanted coal in their stocking, since it meant they'd get some extra warmth in the coldest months. 🤓

Or they could put on a minstrel show.

Nopejustnotinterested

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 01, 2024, 11:14:06 AMI think it used to be that children actually wanted coal in their stocking, since it meant they'd get some extra warmth in the coldest months. 🤓

"Damn kids these days are so ungrateful! Back in my day, we never had electricity and were happy we got nothing but coal for Christmas, and we LIKED it!"

Well then bucko, why don't you just shut off the electricity and let your grandkids freeze to death if you're so desperate to watch your grandkids suffer like you? Lol