News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Smells like cheap mice...

Started by the_antithesis, August 26, 2023, 04:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

So, I dug out an old mouse and might use it for something, might not. But the USB cable is a little flakey. It's a cheap portable "laptop" mouse, so the cable it whisper thin for some reason. No biggie. I'll just remove this cable and replace it with a cheap USB cable from 7-Eleven. But I open it up and instead of V D- D+ G like you'd expect, I see this:

CDGV? What the hell is that?

So I search around and had a hard time finding the answer because google sucks now. But I did find a page telling you how to hook up a USB device to a PS/2 plug (which only works if the device supports both. So this is probably an old mouse pcb design that has long since been updated from PS/2 (Data, Clock, Ground, Voltage) to USB (Voltage, Data -, Data +, Ground) but they didn't bother updating the silk screen. So, a multimeter will be the best practice.

Gawdzilla Sama

Have you tried sacrificing a goat to it?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Does it have to be a virgin goat?
🤔
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 26, 2023, 08:05:41 PMDoes it have to be a virgin goat?
🤔
Not if you get it in Arkansas.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 26, 2023, 08:10:41 PMNot if you get it in Arkansas.

You and your imaginary Arkansawyer virgin goats.