News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Have you ever been in a fight?

Started by Primal, July 22, 2023, 04:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primal

If so, how did it go?

And when I say fight, I'm not saying joining some boxing or martial arts gym and sparring. I'm talking like having problems with another person and getting violent.

I don't care if it's a short fight or whatever. Just tell me about it.

I've been in thirteen fights throughout my life. I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed.

Dark Lightning

Many, many fights. I was small as a child, and didn't finish growing until I was 20. I'm also legally blind (but correctible, left eye is 20/30 with glasses, that's the best they can do) and didn't get glasses until I was 11. Needless to say, didn't play sports, and all the jocks considered me fair game. Lots of fights.

Unbeliever

I think I can count on one hand the number of fights I've had.  They were all one-or-two-punch affairs, all of which I lost, because when violence becomes necessary, you've already lost.

I only got beat down a couple of times, though.

You want the details!? I'd have to dredge up memories from decades ago. ☠️
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

I have an identical twin brother.  Nuff said.

Unbeliever

Did y'all beat the snot out of each other so you'd no longer be identical? 🤠
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 22, 2023, 08:11:35 PMDid y'all beat the snot out of each other so you'd no longer be identical? 🤠
We fought like France and England lol.

Gawdzilla Sama

Twenty years USN, 'nuff said.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Primal

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 22, 2023, 08:06:13 PM, because when violence becomes necessary, you've already lost.

Umm...

No? lol. Where did you get that idea?

Bro, the world needs more violence. Some people deserve to get fucking punched in the face. Get real.

Of course because of cultural refinement we choose not to, but it doesn't change the fact that lots of people deserve a fist in the mouth.

Mr.Obvious

Two guys attempted to mug me once, I think. (I think they thought I was transporting drugs.) Was really early, on my way to work, pulling an early shift in a candy factory as a student.
Got punched a few times, mostly bruised in the back of the head.
All I got in was a shove. Had a bike between my legs at the time, wasn´t very mobile.

A car drove past and stopped, seeing the violence. Only was a few moments.
The thugs scrambled and drove off quickly. I too scrambled: hopped on my bike and headed to work as fast as I could. It was just two corners away.
Should have stayed to thank those people for stopping. But it is crazy how illogical you react in stressful situations.

This other time, three guys were trying to mug me, and I told them to fuck off. When they started intimidating me, I got angry and intimidated them back.
Wouldn´t recommend that course of action in General, in a three-on-one situation, but for some reason it worked.think I scared the shit out of one guy who put his hand on my face to make me look at him while I was telling his buddy to fuck right off. He couldnt withdraw his hand fast enough and I caught his indexfinger. I threatened to break it if he ever tried that again.
He was silent for the rest of the exchange.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Primal on July 23, 2023, 10:22:50 AMUS Navy huh? Nice.
I got paid $8.27 a day to kill people. Better pay that young man right out of high school would have expected in those days.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 22, 2023, 08:06:13 PMI think I can count on one hand the number of fights I've had.  They were all one-or-two-punch affairs, all of which I lost, because when violence becomes necessary, you've already lost.

You lost when you got that attitude. You and the other guys beat you up.
PZ Myers

Primal

Reviving this thread.

Seven months in in Judo. My training there is really feeling very routine, just like in my powerlifting gym. Training feels just like breathing at this point. Everything is automatic.

I think the real fun begins when I'm finally allowed to spar. They call it "randori" in Judo and it's way scarier than what BJJ people do. Probably just not as scary as boxing or muay thai.

Gawdzilla Sama

One night in Yokosuka it took seven shore patrol to get me in a paddy wagon.
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

One night in Yokosuka and the worlds your Oister, not much between despite and extacy.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.