Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Are you sure they treated Jesus badly?

Started by Frank1985, July 19, 2023, 10:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank1985

`ve come to some, realisation, about Jesus below:

1. the movie, The Passion of The Christ, were, way too violent to be true,

2. the tomb of Jesus, in Jerusalem, had no blood-stains, only, a carved cross, I find it a little difficult that there`s no blood-stains after him, when he was treated so badly on the cross, nails through limbs, and poking in chest with a spear, and so fourth, I`m talking about the tomb in the church, they, openened, it to do maintenance on the building,

3. people were poor, and had no tools to pry off the nails in Jesus`s limbs, which also is difficult when limbs are in the way, the, nails would have been deep into the wood also to be able to hang up a person,

4. he was a little crazy, because he said he was son of a higher being, so I don`t think, people would treat a mildly, crazy person, that bad,

5. the Romans at the time, didn`t like singing or acting, so I think they were a little against violence also, there must have been some provocation from him Jesus himself, which I doubt, if, he really was that kind,

- what do you think, I`m onto something?

Hydra009

Almost every sentence is riddled with arguments from incredulity or pure speculation unconnected to facts.  I might as well say that the Romans didn't like comedy because that one general in Life of Brian didn't like comedy.

Quote from: Frank1985 on July 19, 2023, 10:54:59 PMthe Romans at the time, didn`t like singing or acting, so I think they were a little against violence also
These guys built The Colosseum.

the_antithesis

Mr.Obvious

If Jesus were real, you offer up shoddy reasoning.

For example:
´I don´t think people would treat a mildly crazy person that bad´.

Are you new to humanity?

But: He may very wel not have really existed. Which would make it very difficult for anyone to treat him poorly.
Though I am sure there were prophets and they were executed.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

Let me be Frank, 1985, you've got some good ideas,  but it's hard to pin down exactly what you're trying to say. There was never any such person as "Jesus of Nazareth" so any speculation about him is irrelevant.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

You can't treat your imaginary friend badly.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Pretty sure they had lots of crucifixions back in the day and pretty sure the process didn't include massages and poetry prior to being nailed up and worded through.....but hey....maybe they were hippies in their own right.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 19, 2023, 11:07:15 PMAlmost every sentence is riddled with arguments from incredulity or pure speculation unconnected to facts.  I might as well say that the Romans didn't like comedy because that one general in Life of Brian didn't like comedy.
These guys built The Colosseum.
They also coated prisoners in tar and lit the.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers