News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is it freaky, or is it just me?

Started by SoldierofFortune, July 04, 2023, 10:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

I am 34 and old enough to have witnessed the digital revolution that has entered our daily life, and remember having played my Sega console. I had my favorite game cassettes of Mortal Combat series. Then Playstation 1 appeared. I didn't particularly like the quality of the graphics in comparison with Sega, but I was good at Pro Evolution Soccer(winning eleven) against my friends.

At the time I remember imagining to control real human players with joystick. It wasn't particularly something I gave deep thoughts to it, but now I understand that that's possible with the brain-computer interface technology.

I know it is kind of Frankensteinian and scary, but I knew it : )
I wish I had understood more by being a scientist or engineer interested in the related fields, but alas, I am 34 and cannot go back in time to study deeper.

This is something that popped in my mind and I just wanted to share.

Hydra009

I remember the N64 coming out and being amazed by the crispness of its graphics.  And then when Unreal 2 came out 2003, I thought that was it, photorealism perfected.  There's still a way to go yet, but the climb from 2d sprites to fully 3d worlds with physics and all that jazz has been a hell of a ride.

the_antithesis

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on July 04, 2023, 10:09:50 PMAt the time I remember imagining to control real human players with joystick. It wasn't particularly something I gave deep thoughts to it, but now I understand that that's possible with the brain-computer interface technology.

QuoteThis is something that popped in my mind and I just wanted to share.

I suppose we should just be glad you didn't take a picture of your toilet after a modestly impressive poo.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 05, 2023, 12:38:06 AM

I suppose we should just be glad you didn't take a picture of your toilet after a modestly impressive poo.

This is when you want to be satirical, but you are constipated...

Blackleaf

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 05, 2023, 12:38:06 AM

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--