News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jan. revolts gather steam.

Started by Mike Cl, January 08, 2023, 06:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Bolsonaro supporters storm Brazil's Congress.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/echo-jan-6-attack-u-204826028.html

"In a scene reminiscent of the violent Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, in the U.S., supporters of former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro stormed their Congress, Supreme Court and presidential palace Sunday in the capital city of Brasilia.

The uprising of Bolsonaro supporters who refused to accept his defeat came a week after his leftist rival, President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, was inaugurated."

"The claims from Bolsonaro precipitated Sunday's violent scene, with thousands of demonstrators busting through security barricades, scaling walls, destroying property and invading Congress, their high court and the presidential palace.

They donned green and yellow colors and carried matching flags – symbols of the Bolsonaro presidency, much like the MAGA hats and Trump 2020 banners of the rioters two years ago."

The extreme far right world wide movement is far from dead.  And Trump's influence is also far from dead.  The DOJ seems to be rubber stamping all of the illegal and seditious actions that Trump has performed.  Seemingly nobody of any influence seems to care about what Trump and the maga movement does--he is indeed encouraged to do as he pleases.  I doubt he will even come close to seeing any time in jail.  And don't be surprised if he runs a successful 2024 run and the total destruction of what used to be called the USA; Trump Land here we come.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Jeez, you trying to give me nightmares?
🤐
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 08, 2023, 06:54:58 PMJeez, you trying to give me nightmares?
🤐
Yeah, i know what you mean.  I've been having them.  What the fuck is the DOJ doing?????? I am seriously beginning to think they are under control of trump.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Nah, I think (hope, at least) that the DOJ is just getting all their ducks in a row. They have to be methodical in order to avoid accusations of playing politics.
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 08, 2023, 07:50:54 PMNah, I think (hope, at least) that the DOJ is just getting all their ducks in a row. They have to be methodical in order to avoid accusations of playing politics.
Two years to get their ducks in a row????  Then the DOJ is simply in the pay of trump or totally inept!

the_antithesis

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 08, 2023, 07:50:54 PMNah, I think (hope, at least) that the DOJ is just getting all their ducks in a row. They have to be methodical in order to avoid accusations of playing politics.

Not to mention that's how the law works. Double jeopardy is a thing, so you need to take your time to build the strongest case you can.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 08, 2023, 08:17:41 PMTwo years to get their ducks in a row????  Then the DOJ is simply in the pay of trump or totally inept!
Yeah, I know, we're all impatient, but I think The Donald will get exactly what he deserves. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but all we can do is wait and see.
God Not Found

Mike Cl

I really hope you are right!!!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 08, 2023, 10:19:06 PMI really hope you are right!!!
Actually, I hope that nature will take it's inevitable course, sooner rather than later.
God Not Found