News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anti-Communism

Started by Susan, November 29, 2022, 07:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 18, 2023, 01:11:38 AMTwo of my colleagues are going there for holiday next week, for holiday, for a while. I´ll have them check it out ;)

Countries known for their tourism tend not to be so great to live in. They exploit their own people, and their economy relies too much on foreign business.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Susan

Che Guevara was really that bad?

Gawdzilla Sama

I was at Gitmo years before it was turned into a daycare for bin Ladin's bad boys. Just another island. (We only left the base to have a gun battle with the Cuban Navy.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: Susan on April 28, 2023, 06:15:54 AMChe Guevara was really that bad?
I would say so, yes; what did he fundamentally achieve & what did it cost?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

I've killed a fair few Commies. Never bothered shooting at anybody going away from me.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Kemba9

Problem with communism is, its an idea not a system. And overall if you remove people you consider "upper class, threat" to that ideal system, then obviously that would mean the Communist party is the only party with no national elections or oppositions (you see the problem here right?). And another problem with Communism is, if nobody is getting paid or rewarded for something that requires more effort, then obviously people will just not see the point in working.

The closest to working is Social Democracy "Though i hate the Norwegian and Swedish model" i prefer Danish model, due to Centralized decentralized government + social democracy. Basically making work market more effecient. Whereas Norway and Sweden has Social Democracy part right, but its so centralized that its bureaucratic and depressing in comparison.

Kemba9

Quote from: Shiranu on April 28, 2023, 02:46:47 PMI would say so, yes; what did he fundamentally achieve & what did it cost?

I admire Che though. I mean yeah the system he set up wasnt good. But interms of certain corruption removal of Cuba i atleast admire him more than i do Soviet Union and Communist China. Since atleast Che fought for something outside just power alone.

Gawdzilla Sama

'70-'72 I converted a fair few commies to more peaceful viewpoints.

Ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead man.
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: Kemba9 on June 03, 2023, 10:23:24 AMI admire Che though. I mean yeah the system he set up wasnt good. But interms of certain corruption removal of Cuba i atleast admire him more than i do Soviet Union and Communist China. Since atleast Che fought for something outside just power alone.

Sure, "something" - which would just lead to corruption and concentration of power.

At *best* he was an ignorant, blood-thirsty, misguided idealist... and I'm really stressing the "at best" part.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Susan

Quote from: Shiranu on June 03, 2023, 10:29:26 PMSure, "something" - which would just lead to corruption and concentration of power.

At *best* he was an ignorant, blood-thirsty, misguided idealist... and I'm really stressing the "at best" part.

Bloodthirsty? Whom exactly did he kill? Do you have at least one source to point out to?

https://youtu.be/nkBXFXwGuJE?si=6h12ZgU9M7j-lDeO

Gawdzilla Sama

FDR didn't personally kill anyone I know of. Millions died in WW2.
PZ Myers