News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Old childhood house!

Started by nuclear, November 19, 2022, 09:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuclear

This was the house my grandma (my mom's side) used to live in.

My dad talked about how "haunted" it looked; how all the ceilings and doors were crooked and whatnot.

I don't really remember much about the interior, as I was really young when I lived in the house (2006-2008; 5-7 years old).

I think the house was built in the 1920s. But I would absolutely love to take a tour of it now, just to bring all the memories back.

Dark Lightning

Haunted by satellite dish? I should go back and look at the one bedroom apartment that my mom, dad, and us five kids lived in. Yeahhhh, no. We got kicked out when the landlord found out that my mom was pregnant, again.

Unbeliever

I bet the house would appear much smaller than you remember it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 19, 2022, 09:26:51 PMHaunted by satellite dish? I should go back and look at the one bedroom apartment that my mom, dad, and us five kids lived in. Yeahhhh, no. We got kicked out when the landlord found out that my mom was pregnant, again.

Oh my god...
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: nuclear on November 19, 2022, 09:06:07 PMThis was the house my grandma (my mom's side) used to live in.

My dad talked about how "haunted" it looked; how all the ceilings and doors were crooked and whatnot.

I don't really remember much about the interior, as I was really young when I lived in the house (2006-2008; 5-7 years old).

I think the house was built in the 1920s. But I would absolutely love to take a tour of it now, just to bring all the memories back.

I don't know if it's cultural difference, but that house doesn't look haunted even a little a bit. It looks cute and cosy.

Haunted looking houses are at least over a 100 year old buildings, and made of stone or at least old style cement.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

nuclear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 21, 2022, 09:47:59 AMI don't know if it's cultural difference, but that house doesn't look haunted even a little a bit. It looks cute and cosy.

Haunted looking houses are at least over a 100 year old buildings, and made of stone or at least old style cement.

Well, exterior may not look haunted, but the interior might be.. I'm not sure what the interior looks like now, as the people living there now may have remodeled it (I'm not 100% sure if they did, but it's a possibility).

And, besides, I've seen a few houses from the 1920s and 30s that have a bit of a spooky look to them (exterior and/or interior).

Dark Lightning

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 20, 2022, 01:48:54 AMOh my god...

We were po. That's when one can't afford the whole word, "poor". 8^O

the_antithesis

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 21, 2022, 09:47:59 AMHaunted looking houses are at least over a 100 year old buildings, and made of stone or at least old style cement.

That's called a castle. We don't have many of those. Haunted houses tend to be in a victorian style.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: the_antithesis on November 22, 2022, 12:36:41 AMThat's called a castle. We don't have many of those. Haunted houses tend to be in a victorian style.

No, I didn't mean castles. Victorian houses are made of brick or locals stones... No self respected ghost would haunt that. What's that made of?

the_antithesis

Bats!

Catch one and make a wish!