News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Have you ever wondered...

Started by SoldierofFortune, October 19, 2022, 11:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

that the calender year we think to be living in, might be another year?

You think we are in 2022, right?

I doubt, I suppose they may even have changed and reset that.

Before I further Clarify,

What do you think?

SoldierofFortune

There's one thing i am sure,

I am all sceptic, in process to be more and more sceptic.

Mike Cl

All calendars are arbitrary.  And there are dozens of them out there.  We know that the year is about 365.25 days because a year is based upon the rotation of the Earth around our sun.  How we divide those days up is arbitrary.
Are we in 2022?  Only according to the most used calendar.  And it really makes no difference what year we call it--but it does make it convenient for ordering our lives.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

the_antithesis

Unbeliever

I heard that if you take your year of birth, add your age, you'll come up with 2022. Does that work? It does for me.

I was born in 1956, add my age, 66, and I come up with 2022.

🤔

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on October 19, 2022, 11:07:33 AMthat the calender year we think to be living in, might be another year?

You think we are in 2022, right?

I doubt, I suppose they may even have changed and reset that.

Before I further Clarify,

What do you think?

I think you should clarify before you further.
Lest you should sound like a madman.
Just some friendly advice, soldier.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 19, 2022, 01:41:42 PMI heard that if you take your year of birth, add your age, you'll come up with 2022. Does that work? It does for me.

I was born in 1956, add my age, 66, and I come up with 2022.

🤔

Thank you Mr. Obvious.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Dark Lightning

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers