News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Honkening

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, February 07, 2022, 09:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

It is interesting to me.  Fascinating.  The worker are rising up protesting, and the more left leaning parties are siding with power against the workers.  There are attempts to portray this as far right and white supremacist, after the truckers said "you are not with us" to one person waving a Confederate flag and another person waiving a Nazi flag, both coincidentally accompanied the whole time by the same photographer.  People tried to donate support to the truckers, only to have GoFundMe refund the donations (minus a processing fee).

Of course mainstream social media is not happy with this either.  There is a movement to create a similar drive to Washington, and they get their organizing attempts removed.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Dark Lightning

I'll be watching this, in fascination.

Jason Harvestdancer

Right now the Ontario police are trying to make it a crime to bring food / fuel / etc supplies to the truckers.

It is being called an insurrection, probably because they are not looting and burning the city.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Dark Lightning

They're blocking the roads. I say bring in some of those tow trucks that can load the semi-tractor onto the bed and haul the tractor off, and bring in another tractor to haul the trailer away. Rinse and repeat until the bridges are clear. I wouldn't call it an insurrection, I'll stick with stupid and unlawful activity.

aitm

Cause Canada don’t have the god given right to own guns….why the second time they laid on the air horns we would busted em up…….or, in Chicago anyhoo……
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 10, 2022, 08:11:31 PM
They're blocking the roads. I say bring in some of those tow trucks that can load the semi-tractor onto the bed and haul the tractor off, and bring in another tractor to haul the trailer away. Rinse and repeat until the bridges are clear. I wouldn't call it an insurrection, I'll stick with stupid and unlawful activity.

That was tried.  The tow truck drivers initially refused, and then decided to join the protest.

Dark Lightning

Even more assholes, then. If I could drive a truck like that, I'd go up (with police protection, of course, since I'm an older man) and do the deed. Fuck all those asshats.

Shiranu

Canada has declared they will be suspending civil rights over this, but yeah... the protest over the state abusing it's power was just a bunch of idiots who had no idea what they were talking about...

"The far-reaching Emergencies Act gives the Canadian government the ability to prohibit public assembly, restrict travel, and force businesses â€" such as towing companies â€" to act, with compensation."

To put it in American terms; 1st Amendment suspended, the Privileges and Immunity Clause of the U.S. Constitution being suspended, and to be forced to have your private business confiscated with a promise of compensation (because governments are notorious for their ability to fairly and promptly keep their promises).

It's a shame to see one of the few moderately progressive countries in the Americas (like 5-10% progressive, but significantly more than most countries here) taking a step backwards into being more like us.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trudeau-declares-national-emergency-over-canadian-trucker-protests-allowing-government-to-override-civil-rights/ar-AATQOgD?ocid=msedgntp
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur