Kyle Rittenhouse & Lynch Mob Justice

Started by Shiranu, November 20, 2021, 02:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Docillinois

GSOgymrat

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) has introduced a bill to award the Congressional Gold Medal â€" the legislative branch’s highest honor â€" to Kyle Rittenhouse.

I'm feeling increasingly alienated in American culture.

Mermaid

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 26, 2021, 07:37:42 AM
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) has introduced a bill to award the Congressional Gold Medal â€" the legislative branch’s highest honor â€" to Kyle Rittenhouse.

Me too. And increasingly ill.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Docillinois

Quote from: GSOgymrat on November 26, 2021, 07:37:42 AM

He'll be in the company of recipients such as Mary Jackson, Ulysses Grant, Aung San Suu Kyi, and George Peabody.

I'll hand it to Rep. Greene - her decisions and rationales are, at least, consistently and transparently ludicrous.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Docillinois on November 26, 2021, 02:58:59 PM

I'll hand it to Rep. Greene - her decisions and rationales are, at least, consistently and transparently ludicrous.
Not to her followers--she is accurate, to the point and fully rational.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Docillinois

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 26, 2021, 06:21:57 PM
Not to her followers--she is accurate, to the point and fully rational.

A symptom of the larger problem of many living in self imposed fantasy and unreason, IMHO.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Docillinois on November 26, 2021, 08:17:05 PM
A symptom of the larger problem of many living in self imposed fantasy and unreason, IMHO.
I very much agree.  Our country seems to be embracing the label of 'stupid' with open arms. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 26, 2021, 08:19:55 PM
I very much agree.  Our country seems to be embracing the label of 'stupid' with open arms. 
Remember half the population of any country has an IQ below 100.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on November 27, 2021, 02:52:18 AM
Remember half the population of any country has an IQ below 100.
Sorry, but that no longer holds in this country.  So many in this country has striven to become and stay stupid; it's the way to be now. 

SGOS

It does seem that ignorance and stupidity has become a point of pride and a new goal.  It's part of this so called new "Age of Information" that began in the last century, and for which we had not yet developed the critical thinking skills necessary for processing it all.