News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Nokia 800 tough Cell Phone

Started by drunkenshoe, August 08, 2020, 03:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Has anyone used this phone? Or anyone using any other, old fashioned buttoned one?

Now whatsapp is available, I'd like to go back to it. And this one looks like the best option.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

By the way, when I was looking for rugged phones, I have 'met' a laptop called "Dell Rugged Extreme". Lololol  :eek:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

"Those Japs make great phones, don't they."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Which ones are Japanese? I didn't get the joke.

Baruch

My cell phone expert says, get the most expensive "tough case" that fits your phone.  All the cell phones themselves are inherently fragile (a recent "oops" advert is cringeworthy).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 08, 2020, 05:48:33 AM
"Those Japs make great phones, don't they."

Oh you mean people think Nokia is Japanese? LOL

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2020, 09:18:00 AM
Oh you mean people think Nokia is Japanese? LOL

No Kia means no Korean.

My cell phone expert used to repair cell phones for a living.  Even he managed to dump his smart phone into the toilet at work ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia,_Finland

QuoteWhat does Nokia mean?
The origin of the name Nokia is obscure. In modern Finnish, noki means soot and nokia is its inflected plural, although this form of the word is rarely if ever used. The most common theory claims the name actually originates from the archaic Finnish word nois (pl. nokia) or nokinäätä ("soot marten"), meaning sable .After sable was hunted to extinction in Finland, the word was applied to any dark-coated fur animal, such as the marten, which are found in the area to this day. The sable is enshrined on the Nokia coat of arms. However, later research has appeared to indicate that sables never inhabited Finland in the first place, and the name nois may actually refer to the beaver.[7]

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2020, 08:21:21 AM
Which ones are Japanese? I didn't get the joke.
First Transformers movie. Cell phone transforms. Government dude is impressed.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 08, 2020, 11:23:09 AM
First Transformers movie. Cell phone transforms. Government dude is impressed.

Oh I see. I haven't seen it. Or I don't remember.

drunkenshoe

Noone? You all are using the best thing?

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2020, 07:37:05 PM
Noone? You all are using the best thing?

I refuse to give up my old style flip phone.  I don't need the CCP staring up my ass while I potty.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2020, 02:04:12 PM
Oh I see. I haven't seen it. Or I don't remember.
Second best quotable in the movie. First is when the son drives away in a POS Camaro, with lots of smoke.

MOM: You are such a cheap bastard.
DAD: It's his first car, it's supposed to be like that.
PZ Myers

SGOS

The first Transformer movie was worth watching.  As sequels kept coming I wanted the franchise to die, not for my sake, but for the sake of the franchise.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on August 09, 2020, 09:27:31 AM
The first Transformer movie was worth watching.  As sequels kept coming I wanted the franchise to die, not for my sake, but for the sake of the franchise.
Yeah, the first one was the least cartoony.
PZ Myers