News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Hey, Gerard. Haven't seen you in a while.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

I think the defense had something to do with TB's win. It wasn't all Brady.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 08, 2021, 09:17:57 PM
I think the defense had something to do with TB's win. It wasn't all Brady.

No, see. If you stop the count early and only count the legal points, the Chiefs totally win easily. It's a conspiracy. There needs to be an investigation, and we have to find 23 missing Chiefs points or else people are going to lose faith in pro football as an institution.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 09, 2021, 12:11:58 AMNo, see. If you stop the count early and only count the legal points, the Chiefs totally win easily. It's a conspiracy. There needs to be an investigation, and we have to find 23 missing Chiefs points or else people are going to lose faith in pro football as an institution.
You could just have the ref declare the Chiefs to be the winner.  Otherwise, certain people might storm the field to fight for their liberty or something else on the verge of but not technically a threat in the court of law.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 09, 2021, 04:49:17 AM
What's going on?
American football “sweetie” you wouldn’t understand....😉
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

American football is like quantum mechanics: anyone who thinks they understand it doesn't understand it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

I don't understand it.
The ball isn't a ball, it's a weird egg. And you hardly kick it. Why is it called football? Why?!

In all seriousness though, congrats on Brady and his team. Quite the achievement.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

The American football started out as an inflated pigs bladder--the same as the first soccer and rugby balls.  American footballs slowly became more oval and the other two more round.  At one time, the American football was made of leather stitched together; the laces are not needed for the modern ball, but kept so it can be easier to handle, especially by the quarterbacks.   

As an aside, the pros, back in the day, would use the drop kick.  I think it is still used in rugby, but not sure.  Anyway, in the 20's and 30's especially, the drop kick was used to score a field goal or extra point.  I can still be used today, but nobody has done so since the 40's.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Obligatory, "Fuck Tom Brady" post.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

We spend $750 billion annually on "defense" and the center of American government fell in two hours to the duck dynasty....Just illustrates how capitalist democracies die from the inside out.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

I don’t think Tom is a MAGA guy. Got a hat given to him, coulda been while at practice and overlooked it. He has such a close relationship with so many black athletes I’m somewhat sure he cringed at all the Trump race baiting.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Trump Vs Biden is a dying thread now that Trump is gone.  I would have started a Trump Vs America thread, but anything about the impeachment will be short lived and we already know the outcome.

https://mail.yahoo.com/b/folders/1/messages/AA3jrIwq8gT5YCPC5Q82iJlJY6o?.src=ym&reason=unsupported_browser&showImages=true&offset=0&folderType=INBOX

QuoteTrump’s lawyers condemned the attack on the Capitol but said Democrats were pursuing impeachment out of partisan vengeance. And they argued that making a former president stand trial would establish the precedent for any former official to be punished at the whim of the party in power. “This is nothing less than the political weaponization of the impeachment process,” David Schoen, one of the former president’s lawyers, said.  But the performance of Trump’s lawyers received mostly dreadful reviews.

I listened to part of the impeachment, but heard both sides.  Maybe being a liberal fogs my mind, but I don't think so.  I could easily follow the thinking of the Democrats, but had a harder time even understanding the Republicans point. 

The dreadful reviews above may be partisan, but the Republicans may have made some good points.  They were very pedantic about the meaning of words and the constitution, and I see value in that, but I don't know if their interpretation of the intentions of the framers of the constitution is correct or not.  They repeatedly stressed the unconstitutionality of the impeachment, but this is totally hypocritical because their constitutionality arguments are being used to protect a president whose last two months in office were precisely about undermining the constitution.

If impeachment is also about preventing Trump from again attempting to wreck the system, I would damn the pedantics, and get to the point.  Trump is all about trying to subvert our system, specifically one part of the system that has yet to be determined as flawed. OK, redistricting the votes, and putting hard to get to polling places in minority districts is flawed, but voter suppression is currently a Republican tactic, and that is a flaw.  Change it, and that can be done without violating the constitution.

I don't see the impeachment about punishing a Republican.  It's about restricting the actions of dangerous men who will grab power any way they can, including subverting the Constitution if necessary.

"And they [Republicans] argued that making a former president stand trial would establish the precedent for any former official to be punished at the whim of the party in power."
But their [Republican] actions would also assure than no future or former official can not be punished for subversion of the state.

I think the Republican lawyers are in the weaker position, ethically.  Actually they are unnecessary because our leaders are partisan and the outcome is already known.