News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Boris has been brought into hospital now since his symptoms are progressing. They say it's for precautionary measures to watch him.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 05, 2020, 05:25:12 PM
Boris has been brought into hospital now since his symptoms are progressing. They say it's for precautionary measures to watch him.

Queen gave a good special occasion speech, one of only 4 in 68 years.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mermaid on April 05, 2020, 04:48:32 PM
We don't have to encourage them, they already are. If only they didn't endanger uninvolved people in the process. In my town, they're sending police to parties and fining everyone $1000. People are having parties.
What part of the country do you live in???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

trdsf

Quote from: Mermaid on April 05, 2020, 01:11:56 PM
I fucking HATE People.

Despite warnings, churchgoers explain why they're still going to church services

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/04/ohio-church-service-covid-19-pandemic-tuchman-pkg-ac360-vpx.cnn
Oh hell, it's those idiots whose giant Jesus statue got hit by lightning and burned to the ground ten years ago.

#NotAllOhioans XD
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 05, 2020, 03:13:24 PM
Exhibit A:

"I'm covered in Jesus' blood."

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1246816324363276295?s=09
And that sounds even more unhealthy than gathering in groups... also, severely mentally ill.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

"I'm covered in Jesus' blood."
That doesn't bother me for the bullshit that it is, but there is something strange about a religion that is so steeped in blood.  Do people actually image what that would look and feel like if they were covered in blood, driving home in their car and dripping on the upholstery?  When I saw Stephen King's first Carrie film, where Carrie is caught in the head lights on a deserted road covered in blood, exhilarating and spiritual is not my first thought.  It was just plain repulsive and sick.

I guess back when the Bible was written, this may have been typical of societies, and it may have made sense to build a religion around what is today considered horror.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on April 05, 2020, 08:24:19 PM
That doesn't bother me for the bullshit that it is, but there is something strange about a religion that is so steeped in blood.  Do people actually image what that would look and feel like if they were covered in blood, driving home in their car and dripping on the upholstery?  When I saw Stephen King's first Carrie film, where Carrie is caught in the head lights on a deserted road covered in blood, exhilarating and spiritual is not my first thought.  It was just plain repulsive and sick.

I guess back when the Bible was written, this may have been typical of societies, and it may have made sense to build a religion around what is today considered horror.

Taurobolium ... this is a Roman practice, not Jewish ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ2UJiZkLjs

Rome was a horror, the West is Rome.  Y'all reaction is pure Jewish.  Got yarmulke?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on April 05, 2020, 05:25:12 PM

I wish him the best and hope he recovers smoothly, but that doesn't sound promising. He doesn't strike me as being the healthiest man around.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

Quote from: SGOS on April 05, 2020, 08:24:19 PM

I agree. I've never related to the fascination and awe many people experience regarding the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. To my heathen mind, it just seems barbaric and disgusting. I remember going to a passion play growing up and feeling alienated by the tears, wails, and wonderment of the audience. To be honest, I don't understand exactly why sacrificing animals and people to deities is so common other than by people giving up something valued they demonstrate fealty to their god before the tribe. I suppose nothing demonstrates commitment like killing your child.

Hydra009

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 05, 2020, 09:57:19 PM
I agree. I've never related to the fascination and awe many people experience regarding the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. To my heathen mind, it just seems barbaric and disgusting. I remember going to a passion play growing up and feeling alienated by the tears, wails, and wonderment of the audience. To be honest, I don't understand exactly why sacrificing animals and people to deities is so common other than by people giving up something valued they demonstrate fealty to their god before the tribe. I suppose nothing demonstrates commitment like killing your child.

I feel that there needs to be more psychological studies made and classifications for the kind of mentality that mindlessly falls in line with prayer and following the made up stories by most religions. You can have many different types of people who follow a religion, the passive types, the aggressive types, the forceful types, the meek types, many just following a single minded concept that if they break out of they becomes psychologically unhinged.

As someone with OCD and often an introvert, I know what it means to come out of my comfort zone and how that makes me feel, however if I were like the woman in that video, I'd be telling everyone to back away from me all the time and washing my hands to the point of them bleeding and saying 'this is normal'. I don't of course and have worked to control my psychological ticks in order to be social and do things outside of my comfort zone.

I wonder if it comes down to there just being that type of person whos born dependent on being told what to think and feel, making them easy to manipulate. When you look at the mass of people in places like the vatican or mecca, people bowing to the words 1 person tells them to act like, it makes you think about the human condition overall, is it that kind of bestial primate instincts that they've just not evolve from yet? 

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Munch on April 05, 2020, 10:14:38 PM
I feel that there needs to be more psychological studies made and classifications for the kind of mentality that mindlessly falls in line with prayer and following the made up stories by most religions. You can have many different types of people who follow a religion, the passive types, the aggressive types, the forceful types, the meek types, many just following a single minded concept that if they break out of they becomes psychologically unhinged.

As someone with OCD and often an introvert, I know what it means to come out of my comfort zone and how that makes me feel, however if I were like the woman in that video, I'd be telling everyone to back away from me all the time and washing my hands to the point of them bleeding and saying 'this is normal'. I don't of course and have worked to control my psychological ticks in order to be social and do things outside of my comfort zone.

I wonder if it comes down to there just being that type of person whos born dependent on being told what to think and feel, making them easy to manipulate. When you look at the mass of people in places like the vatican or mecca, people bowing to the words 1 person tells them to act like, it makes you think about the human condition overall, is it that kind of bestial primate instincts that they've just not evolve from yet? 

I think there are many factors that go into why people believe the things they do. One factor that appears to make individuals susceptible to religious and political causes is feeling an emptiness, disconnection or intuitive sense that something is inherently wrong with oneself or the world. Groups of various natures (gangs, religions, military organizations, etc.) capitalize on that vulnerability. If a group is offering "purpose" that is a red flag.

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 05, 2020, 10:28:40 PM
I think there are many factors that go into why people believe the things they do. One factor that appears to make individuals susceptible to religious and political causes is feeling an emptiness, disconnection or intuitive sense that something is inherently wrong with oneself or the world. Groups of various natures (gangs, religions, military organizations, etc.) capitalize on that vulnerability. If a group is offering "purpose" that is a red flag.

Nicely said. I don't follow groups anymore, since most I've been in has often lead to toxic interaction. Gay groups, gaming groups, fandoms, social groups, all of them I just gave up on because they attracted toxic people.
I'm just content with the people closet to me and a couple friends