News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Pandemic = collective responsibility ... nationally and individually.  Just like any communicable chronic disease.  Unfortunately not all are endemic, like seasonal flu.  Which, we will see by the end of the year, did or didn't kill more people than Covid.

Love the government responses (they don't have much choice actually) ...

Aging - cull the seniors
Annual flu - shut down world economy
Heart disease - shut down world economy
Cancer - shut down world economy
Alcohol abuse - establish world dictatorship
Tobacco abuse - establish world dictatorship
Drug abuse - establish world dictatorship

Better than ... Logan's Run (kill you on your 30th birthday).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"NYC IS PREPARING FOR CIVIL UNREST AS SUPPLIES DWINDLE, GOVERNMENT CALLS FOR CONSCRIPTION OF DOCTOR.." ... duh

"Mexico halts production of Corona beer" ... non-essential ... what, cervesa is non-essential?

"Half A Million Chinese People Entered America At The Height Of The COVID-19 Outbreak" ... China could have stopped this at their end, or we could have shut down travel from China earlier

"Tucker Carlson On Fauci's Quarantine Call: Pushing "National Suicide" While He Has Job Security" ... do talking heads have job security?

Just heard ... Al Gore not only got money from China for the 2000 election, but Bill Clinton did the same in 1996.  It is OK for the Yellow Peril to interfere in US elections, if it benefits Democrats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Potential economic impact of Covid, based on actual final stats for 2019 ...

Nominal GDP 2019:

US - 21 t$
China - 9.2 t$
Japan - 5.2 t$
Germany - 4.2 t$
UK - 3.2 t$
India - 2.9 t$
France - 2.9 t$
Italy - 2.0 t$
Brazil - 2.0 t$
Canada -1.8 t$
Russia - 1.6 t$
S Korea - 1.6 t$
Spain - 1.4 t$
Australia - 1.4 t$
Mexico - 1.3 t$
Indonesia - 1.1 t$
Netherlands - 0.9 t$
Saudi Arabia - 0.8 t$
Turkey - 0.7 t$
Switzerland - 0.7 t$

Total = 65.9 t$

So a 1/3 decline is a loss of about 22 t$ ... I want Shiranu to pay that, thanks Shiranu ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

I fucking HATE People.

Despite warnings, churchgoers explain why they're still going to church services

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/04/ohio-church-service-covid-19-pandemic-tuchman-pkg-ac360-vpx.cnn
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on April 05, 2020, 01:11:56 PM
I fucking HATE People.

Despite warnings, churchgoers explain why they're still going to church services

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/04/ohio-church-service-covid-19-pandemic-tuchman-pkg-ac360-vpx.cnn

Not just the Christians, there's reports of Muslims in Germany and France still trying to attend services en masse and nothings being done to stop them, gathered in groups outside mosques.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

i think we need to encourage the religious of all religions to meet in large groups and very frequently.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmH36G1Xv8

Queen Elizabeth: *gives calming speech on the pandemic*

Also Queen Elizabeth: that reminds me of this one time in WWII...

Hydra009

Meanwhile, on the home front:

Pro-lifers ignore quarantine to harass women, spread plague

Do viruses count as life?  Cause that's the only way this move makes any sense.

Baruch

"Ankle-Monitors Ordered For Kentucky Residents As Crackdown On 'Covidiots' Begins" ... bet those are made in China ;-)

""No Hope": Canada's Nursing Homes Prepare For Mass Death" ... Canadian health care is just better?  Trudeau converts nursing homes to hospice.  One third of nursing home workers there are Covid infected.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 05, 2020, 02:09:37 PM
i think we need to encourage the religious of all religions to meet in large groups and very frequently.
We don't have to encourage them, they already are. If only they didn't endanger uninvolved people in the process. In my town, they're sending police to parties and fining everyone $1000. People are having parties.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 05, 2020, 03:21:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmH36G1Xv8

Queen Elizabeth: *gives calming speech on the pandemic*

Also Queen Elizabeth: that reminds me of this one time in WWII...

I think we can assume she meant as much as Britain got though WWII it will get through this thing too.

That said she didnt really say much that hasn't already been said. But there are a lot of elderly people right now in isolation, many who's family cant visit due to this, and for their generation hearing the queen speak might give then some comfort.

I'm here with my mum looking after her. The other day my brother and his wife brought my nephews round, but they all had to stand 4 meters away. It was heartbreaking because mum wanted to hug her grandchildren so badly, that she became withdrawn for the rest of the day.
So for her and those of her generation that grew up more or less in devotion to the queen (unlike millennials and zoomers), this helped her have some comfort

Hydra009

Quote from: Mermaid on April 05, 2020, 04:48:32 PM
We don't have to encourage them, they already are. If only they didn't endanger uninvolved people in the process. In my town, they're sending police to parties and fining everyone $1000. People are having parties.

Munch

Conclusion, there are a lot of stupid fuckers out there

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 05, 2020, 04:57:03 PM
Conclusion, there are a lot of stupid fuckers out there

Half the population is less than average, all the time ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.