News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 28, 2020, 07:40:46 AM
<Correction> Conservatives and the religious everywhere around the world: The Wuhan Virus is a hoax and not as bad as smt smt flu. You can't stop us from going out, it is our basic right! You can't close the places of worship, it is our basic right!   

Me: Die, you fucking piece of shit, die!

They've closed mosques -and others- over here to mass worship on Fridays. Shenanigans ensued.

Coming from a Muslim country, that is harsh ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 28, 2020, 08:00:42 AM
If you think that's bad, just wait till you see their stance on global warming.  It simultaneously doesn't exist, won't be that bad, and will actually be good (under the logic that a little bit of atmospheric carbon is good for trees, therefore tons of it will be even better)

Shit happens.  Taking away my electricity, natural gas, gasoline ... die commie die!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"HARVARD SAYS WE COULD BE LOCKDOWN FOR TWO YEARS??! TRUMP IS RIGHT, THATS CRAZY" ... ivory tower thinking, just shut colleges down, permanently.  In the post-apocalypse Internet social distancing world, they are not only unnecessary, they are contagious.

"RHODE ISLAND SETS UP BORDER CHECKPOINT TO STOP PEOPLE FROM NEW YORK, HERE IT IS, INTERNAL US BORDE.." ... smallest state is David to NY giant ;-) (NY GiANTS team).

PS ... US stats

Mar 25 - 1027 total US fatalities
Mar 27 - 1696 total US fatalities
Still doubling every 3 days

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

So apparently Mardi gras still happened despite warnings of isolation and lockdown. Are people in different parts of America that far removed from common sense? It's lead to the biggest spread of the virus in that region.

Also saw Arnie, who on his Instagram praised people for staying indoors, and then went for a joyride on his bike through LA. Apparently celebrities going for joy rides count as essential workers now?

Something else I sadly realised on the other end of it, when this started up before it got bad, I got a bulk pack of toilet rolls on eBay, 60 for £19, and thankful I did since now the weekly shopping delivery despite putting toilet rolls on the list, it hasn't been showing up. So for now it's good, however I think in several weeks time I might have to look to eBay again for some more, at the now massively inflated prices
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on March 28, 2020, 01:24:02 PMAre people in different parts of America that far removed from common sense?

GSOgymrat

My husband has some habits I've always found odd including stockpiling toilet paper. Back when I heard people were buying up TP I checked the closet and found 106 rolls.

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 28, 2020, 02:56:53 PM
My husband has some habits I've always found odd including stockpiling toilet paper. Back when I heard people were buying up TP I checked the closet and found 106 rolls.

glad your both don't have to panic about that. Stay safe.

Shiranu

QuoteAre people in different parts of America that far removed from common sense?

Yes.

As a county we are almost exactly the same size of all of Europe combined. Just within a country as small as England, think about how many regions you have where the people are a little bit... different and not known for being bright.

Now imagine that region as being slightly bigger than England and Wales combined, give everyone meth or whatever the fuck Florida is on, and you have just one state out of fifty that is like that region but even crazier.

Louisiana is almost the same size of England, and the distance between Louisiana and Florida is about the distance of London to Paris and back to London again...

The point is America is fucking massive, so although we are "one nation", in reality we have massive amounts of regional diversity and really are more like the EU than a country. It's not quite as pronounced due to our shorter history and shared language as you would see in Europe, but it's there. And unfortunately we have A LOT of states that are the size of European countries that have developing-world levels of education and infrastructure.

(And i'm not be hyperbolic about that, there are literally large parts of the South and Midwest, millions upon millions of people, that have absolutely horrendous levels of public education, limited access to sanitary drinking water/affordable shelter(large homeless populations or unsafe housing)/medical care, etc.)
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

No shit!!! :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on March 28, 2020, 10:35:28 AM
Liberals in America:  The Chinese Virus is real and hopefully all the "deplorables" will die
Me: How evil can a person be?

HMMM. It seems you don't know what "liberal" is

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 28, 2020, 01:24:02 PM
So apparently Mardi gras still happened despite warnings of isolation and lockdown. Are people in different parts of America that far removed from common sense? It's lead to the biggest spread of the virus in that region.

Also saw Arnie, who on his Instagram praised people for staying indoors, and then went for a joyride on his bike through LA. Apparently celebrities going for joy rides count as essential workers now?

Something else I sadly realised on the other end of it, when this started up before it got bad, I got a bulk pack of toilet rolls on eBay, 60 for £19, and thankful I did since now the weekly shopping delivery despite putting toilet rolls on the list, it hasn't been showing up. So for now it's good, however I think in several weeks time I might have to look to eBay again for some more, at the now massively inflated prices

Yes, the mayor of New Orleans let this go forward back in February.  No excuse!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Keep that fact to yourself!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 28, 2020, 04:27:27 PM
HMMM. It seems you don't know what "liberal" is

What is a Liberal ... death to Boris Johnson, death to Donald Trump, Left dictatorship by Corbyn or Hillary?

I paraphrased and reversed your language, just to show it up.  It is OK to hate Conservatives.  It is also OK to hate Progressives (Liberals).  Both are worth hating because of the virtue signaling.  There should be a virus just to kill of hypocrites.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch