News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 27, 2020, 07:16:04 PM
As bad as it is someone that age and without prior health conditions can die of it, it does give us better insight into the thing. Reports like this need to be hammered into fools who don't treat this like a serious thing, who go about like it's any other day.
Sadly I know a couple people like this, family friends who aren't taking it serious, dog walking in their local town rather then driving to an unpopulated area, going to the local shops without a care. Needless to say if one of them calls my mother about coming to see her I'm barricading the front door from them.

British police upset if you do your dog walking out in the countryside.  Because of the travel aspect.  The drones are watching.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on March 27, 2020, 08:23:05 PM
I picked a bad time to start smoking again.

But could weed have countervailing medical positives?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 27, 2020, 07:11:13 PM
There's 317 reported cases in my county. Thing is my town is the one with one of the bigger hospitals so patients from other towns are being brought to it.

States around NYC are upset that plague victims are fleeing to neighboring areas, bringing plague with them.  But then NYC is like that all the time, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

my aunt, whos in her early 70s, is a chronic smoker, smokes sometimes 10-12 a day, uses it as an apatite suppressant. so yeah, i'm concerned about her.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 27, 2020, 09:36:19 PM
my aunt, whos in her early 70s, is a chronic smoker, smokes sometimes 10-12 a day, uses it as an apatite suppressant. so yeah, i'm concerned about her.

Common in smoking seniors.  My mother, after 83 years old, had very bad diet habits, because of failure of taste buds/sense of smell ... which wasn't helped by being a chain smoker.  But be honest, cigs are a stress relief.  She is probably anxious from age 15 about eating too much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Trump signs $2T stimulus bill after House approves historic coronavirus response" ... don't let the perfect be the enemy of the practical.

"The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is looking at 114 facilities in all 50 states to convert into potential temporary hospitals in an effort to increase the nation’s hospital capacity in preparation for an expected influx of hundreds of thousands of coronavirus patients." ... Army of One!  Also two Navy hospital ships, and field hospitals from Ft Hood (1st Cavalry) and Ft Bragg (101st Airborne).

"Hillary Clinton under fire for joke about US leading in virus cases: Trump 'did promise America First'" ... universal political foot in mouth disease.

"Trump appoints Navarro to lead Defense Production Act efforts after forcing GM to make ventilators" ... a temporary necessary effort.  Bring at least 50% of all manufacturing back to the US (fair to China).  Necessary for national security.  If prices are higher and financiers make less money ... too bad.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I'm not much on prognostication but his formula is interesting.

Historian who correctly predicted last 9 presidential elections: Trump is more likely to lose because of coronavirus

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/historian-who-correctly-predicted-last-9-presidential-elections-trump-is-more-likely-to-lose-because-of-coronavirus/

Allan Lichtman, a political historian at American University whose book “The Keys to the White House” has helped him correctly predict the last nine presidential elections, told Salon last week the coronavirus pandemic may spell defeat for President Trump in the 2020 election.

Lichtman’s system is based on 13 “keys,” a series of true-or-false statements that anticipate whether the incumbent party’s presidential candidate will be elected in a given year. If six or more of the statements are false, the incumbent candidate will lose; if fewer than six are false, he or she will win. While Lichtman’s system is somewhat complicated by elections where there is a split between the popular vote and the Electoral College results, it has otherwise successfully anticipated every presidential election since 1984. 

“There were four keys solidly locked in against the president” prior to the outbreak, Lichtman explained. “It takes six to predict defeat. But this was before [the pandemic]. Key 1: Party mandate. Key 9: Scandal. Key 11: Foreign/military success. Key 12: incumbent charisma. That’s four false keys locked in.”

Lichtman’s analysis is based on the fact that Republicans lost control of the House of Representatives in the 2018 midterms; that Trump has faced a number of scandals during his presidency, including one that led to his impeachment; has had no major military or foreign policy successes; and is neither a military hero nor “charismatic,” a term Lichtman defines to mean a candidate who appeals to large groups of voters outside of his or her party’s usual coalition. Trump’s approval rating has been stuck in the 40s throughout his term and, according to Lichtman, “You can’t call a candidate stuck in that range, appealing only to a minority, a charismatic candidate.”

The coronavirus pandemic, however, may have significantly worsened Trump’s re-election chances, at least according to Lichtman’s analytics.

“The current crisis, which is biological, governmental and societal, puts into jeopardy two additional keys,” Lichtman explained. Those would be “Key 5, the short-term economy â€" many economists are predicting that we’re going to slide into a recession, or may already be in a recession â€" and Key 8, the social unrest key. And it makes Key 10, foreign policy or military failure, even more shaky than before.” Lichtman earlier suggested that relations with North Korea and the unstable situation in the Middle East could endanger Key 10 for Trump.

If any two of those three keys turn against Trump, he is a predicted failure,” Lichtman said. “If zero or one turn against him, he is a predicted winner. I obviously haven’t made a final call yet, since we don’t know how this crisis will ultimately be resolved or not resolved in the upcoming months.” ...

Draconic Aiur

Conservatives in America: The Wuhan Virus is a hoax and not as bad as swine flu.
Me: How dense can a person be?

Sal1981

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 27, 2020, 11:29:20 PM
Conservatives in America: The Wuhan Virus is a hoax and not as bad as swine flu.
Neutronium dense.

drunkenshoe

<Correction> Conservatives and the religious everywhere around the world: The Wuhan Virus is a hoax and not as bad as smt smt flu. You can't stop us from going out, it is our basic right! You can't close the places of worship, it is our basic right!   

Me: Die, you fucking piece of shit, die!

They've closed mosques -and others- over here to mass worship on Fridays. Shenanigans ensued.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

I am smoking 1/4 what I used to...just happened by itself...LOL Best time to quit or never.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

If you think that's bad, just wait till you see their stance on global warming.  It simultaneously doesn't exist, won't be that bad, and will actually be good (under the logic that a little bit of atmospheric carbon is good for trees, therefore tons of it will be even better)

Baruch

Liberals in America:  The Chinese Virus is real and hopefully all the "deplorables" will die
Me: How evil can a person be?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 27, 2020, 11:33:51 PM
Neutronium dense.

Jimmy Neutron is a genius!  Illiterate jibe at Professor Utonium, father of the Powerpuff Girls?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.