News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"Trump Invokes Defense Production Act In Coronavirus Response, Deploys FEMA In All Regions" ... another shoe drops, after National Emergency declaration.  Can you get a job in the National Guard, because after martial law starts, that will be the only job available.

"5.7 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Salt Lake City, Airport Shut Down" .... things have gotten so bad, Brigham Young is resurrecting! ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

PM Johnson closes British schools.  Good luck with that, parents and care givers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 18, 2020, 02:44:32 PM
PM Johnson closes British schools.  Good luck with that, parents and care givers.

my brother is now working at home, sister in law can't get clients for her nail bar business. And now kids will be at home. I just hope online schooling will become a thing for their sake.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

Grandkid school closed for two weeks. She lives with us. Luckily I can afford options. Lots of people going to be in serious trouble. But hey, they gonna give us a whole 1000 bucks.....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: aitm on March 18, 2020, 04:11:22 PM
Grandkid school closed for two weeks. She lives with us. Luckily I can afford options. Lots of people going to be in serious trouble. But hey, they gonna give us a whole 1000 bucks.....

This morning it was $2000. By tomorrow it will probably be $500. Not to worry though because whatever they decide on "I can afford options" means you probably won't qualify anyway.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aitm

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 18, 2020, 04:46:21 PM
This morning it was $2000. By tomorrow it will probably be $500. Not to worry though because whatever they decide on "I can afford options" means you probably won't qualify anyway.
True that!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: aitm on March 18, 2020, 04:11:22 PM
I don't mind that Trump is trying to help those in need (bleeding-hearted guy that he is), but I worry that some of his charity giving might go to *THOSE* people.  Lie-abouts always on the government dole.

You know, billionaires.

As soon as they have a buck in their pocket, they blow it all away buying Senators and yachts.  SMH.  There should be mandatory screenings for designer drugs before they're allowed to accept it and some responsible person should remind them that it's a handup, not a handout.  Pull your failing airline up by its bootstraps!  It's easy!

Baruch

"THE US-CANADA BORDER HAS BEEN CLOSED, IMMIGRATION SUSPENDED AND ASYLUM COURTS CLOSE" ... no more maple syrup for you!  Otherwise, Trump is achieving campaign promises the hard way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"'Please Stop Shooting Each Other': Baltimore Mayor Begs Residents To Keep Hospital Beds Clear For Coronavirus Patients" - America is made up of many sub-cultures

"Organized Crime? Robberies By Suspects Wearing Virus Masks Reported Across East Coast" - What to do about the new law against wearing masks, so that the government can oppress you?

"JPMorgan Now Expects A Global Depression In The Second Quarter" ... hence military travel restrictions for 60 days.

I had to take my daughter long distance for a planned lab test yesterday, and during the trip we reviewed the current procedures for the pandemic.  Will be on local city self travel limit for the next 30 days, then reassess.  Military clinic and civilian clinic entry procedures in place (questionnaire and temp check).  We carried our own hand sanitizer wipes during our trip to the big city.  Local restaurants have closed dining areas if fast food (just take out from counter or drive-in), limited hours and limited seating in regular restaurants.  Local shopping open, limited checkout of some items, panic buying only happened one day last week (payday for many people).  Venues like movie studios are closed.

US pandemic support checks 4/6+ and second tranche 5/18+.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/idris-elba-conspiracy-theory-black-people-coronavirus-095451784.html

black people are apparently immune to the virus. In other news, salt water in the mouth cures it.

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e58r8x9kw8

Fact is the elderly and those with medical health conditions are the most vulnerable now, so supermarkets should be putting in laws to help support the most vulnerable. Having karen buying out all the toilet rolls because she never learned to close her legs with all her 18 boyfriends shouldn't be priority in this.

GSOgymrat

I'm going to try my best not to become infected but because I work in an emergency department I know I will be eventually come into contact with coronavirus.

https://youtu.be/I5-dI74zxPg

Munch

Was on facetime with my brother, now he's home working. He made a very good point to me and mum, as bad as self isolation will feel after several weeks, the fact is doing so will receive anymore strain on the NHS which already is pushed to capacity.
I've got this kind of waking nightmare of mum struggling to breath and there being no hospital beds or doctors to help her.

Munch

What's also got me worried, because I have convinced myself things will be okay long as we self isolate, what's worrying me is the fallout from this after it's finished.

Seeing reports of London looking to go on lockdown, bars, pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas closing down and workers for them going into isolation, but several have expressed they now fear so many of these places facing closer without customers.
I don't understand why this would be allowed, obviously places need to pay rent, you'd think the council's would put systems in place so such establishments don't be given foreclosure given the situation.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 19, 2020, 08:12:13 AM
What's also got me worried, because I have convinced myself things will be okay long as we self isolate, what's worrying me is the fallout from this after it's finished.

Seeing reports of London looking to go on lockdown, bars, pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas closing down and workers for them going into isolation, but several have expressed they now fear so many of these places facing closer without customers.
I don't understand why this would be allowed, obviously places need to pay rent, you'd think the council's would put systems in place so such establishments don't be given foreclosure given the situation.

Usually, national emergency plans cover the big questions but leave out all the details.  Yes, rumors that London and NYC may be shut down Italian style by Friday.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.